View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 09:29 PM
This is turning into the Mic Martin appreciation page. Homina homina xxxx Anyone know what channel it was on or if it will be repeated
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2008, 09:42 PM
I think you can watch it on BBC i-player.
Apart from the sheer stupidity of the owners, what struck me was the editing to show the flashier, corner-cutting methods, which hopefully these trainers wouldn`t have used if they had more time.
Yanking a dog round on a short lead and throwing water at it is a very poor substitute for prper training. I know these people can do better - it`s real shame we can`t see the groundwork behind the programme, or a discussion of why the dog is behaving like this. It is all a bit dumbed down - although looking at 2 of the owners tonight, maybe that was necessary.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 06:48 AM
I watched it. To be honest the one that attacked anything including baby and pushchair was simply down to being owned by two very stupid owners, I am glad he passed.
with the other two the bearded Collie needs alot of training regards uniforms but I bet they could do that if they tried, and the EBT made me laugh because that is Sooo head strong/willed dog. But they were beautiful dogs IMO, shame they end up being allowed to do ''what they want'' but then we wouldn't have Dog Borstal to watch would we.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 07:19 AM
I didn't see it. Can anyone tell me why one dog was biting (was it a beardie?) and why it bit MM?

And who was the judge, does anyone know?

I don't approve of the way the programme sets up the owners to do things which are dangerous with their dogs ... I remember last time I saw aggressive dogs (dog aggressive) mingling with other dogs just so, presumably, the programme makers could get a shot of what they did. I find that not only a really unethical thing to do, (but what do they care?!) but also it could make the owners liable under the DDA if people were frightened.

Worst scenerio they could have their dog taken away because they were on a tv programme....if I'm correct
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Apart from the sheer stupidity of the owners, what struck me was the editing to show the flashier, corner-cutting methods, which hopefully these trainers wouldn`t have used if they had more time.
Yanking a dog round on a short lead and throwing water at it is a very poor substitute for prper training. I know these people can do better - it`s real shame we can`t see the groundwork behind the programme, or a discussion of why the dog is behaving like this. It is all a bit dumbed down - although looking at 2 of the owners tonight, maybe that was necessary.
This is why i don't watch it. I can't stand to see people yanking dogs around, throwing water, shaking cans at them and shouting at them all the name of training!!! WHy on earth can't the BBC put on an intelligent dog training programe to combat shows like this and the dog whisperer and do dogs in the UK a favour!

Bring back Dogs with Dubar!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 09:00 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Just for a change I totally agree!!!!

I laughed a lot as Rob Alleyne didn't use a rattle bottle...but used a remote spray collar instead... oh perlease.....
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 09:02 AM
The Bearded Collie bit because of the way Mik Martin approached it and the owner, he was the trainer, he knew the temperament of the dog (that had already had a go at him) so it was totally down to him and I thought it was a tad unfair that the woman failed. It was his fault.She wasn't paying enough attention to the dog as he was going into shake hands/hug her and leant over the dog to do so...
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
I didn't see it. Can anyone tell me why one dog was biting (was it a beardie?) and why it bit MM?

And who was the judge, does anyone know?

I don't approve of the way the programme sets up the owners to do things which are dangerous with their dogs ... I remember last time I saw aggressive dogs (dog aggressive) mingling with other dogs just so, presumably, the programme makers could get a shot of what they did. I find that not only a really unethical thing to do, (but what do they care?!) but also it could make the owners liable under the DDA.

Worst scenerio they could have their dog taken away because they were on a tv programme....if I'm correct
Yes it was a beardie, he has issues with uniform, postmen etc,. as for biting Mick after she had passed Mick went over to congratulate (uniform) and the Beardie bit his hand.......the judge took the rossette back off her. The judge was Richard ...someone (sorry can not remember last name)
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Just for a change I totally agree!!!!

I laughed a lot as Rob Alleyne didn't use a rattle bottle...but used a remote spray collar instead... oh perlease.....
I thought that, and I noticed that it had it on whilst doing the test, now if that was mine I would like it to pass without the collar. But then they only have a week to undo months/years of bad behaviour....which seems abit unfair on the dog IMO to expect a dramatic change
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2008, 09:18 AM
Judge was Richard Clark(e)

I thought last night was the worst ever all adversives and not much else. How would it appear if instead of water sprays etc they hit the dog???

I was really disappointed in Mic with the beardie never tackled the dog's issues with people at all IMO
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »