Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovestaffsblu
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2005, 11:41 AM
I phoned up someone selling staffy pups for £350.00
I asked what the pedigree an k.c was like and he was really nasty to me!! "What do you expect for £350.00"
I thought that was a lot of money for a dog but at the time i was after my first staff and i never knew how in demand they were so people take advantage with this and charge loads, even no papers.
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 12:20 PM
They are a popular breed and there are loads produced even if some do not look or behave like a Staffy - sadly there are also a lot in rescue centers, some good examples of their breed others not but the fact that there are there makes me think they are being over produced or sold to unsuitable homes.
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2005, 01:12 PM
problem is, if u want to know the dog is 100% staff you will have to pay the money for it. If you dont want papers then you could end up with a crossbreed or an unreliable temprement
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2005, 01:17 AM
Originally Posted by lovestaffsblu
I phoned up someone selling staffy pups for £350.00
I asked what the pedigree an k.c was like and he was really nasty to me!! "What do you expect for £350.00"
I thought that was a lot of money for a dog but at the time i was after my first staff and i never knew how in demand they were so people take advantage with this and charge loads, even no papers.
You can just imagine what sort of breeder he was! It's so sad that people breed dogs to make money, like it's their right?? If you make money out of breeding dogs you're doing something wrong!!
Don't get me wrong, I'd like to breed some day, not necessarily for showing, but I'd make sure the dam/sire were suited and all health tests were carried out. How hard does it have to be?
bobbie3917
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2005, 01:22 AM
have you thought about going to your local stafford rescue? if you are only after a pet they you should find some great ones there looking for a home with kids. my BIL got 2 from our local and they are great
poppyandpals
Dogsey Junior

13-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Please try a rescue. There are some wonderful even tempered dogs out there who need lots of love. I have three to prove it (one is a staffy cross)
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 09:25 AM
hi JUst to reiterate what has been said already - GO to a RESCUE - there are loads of dogs waiting for new homes - try the specific staffie rescue for your area. MY staffie is a rescue - he is great with people but not with other dogs - but he is a cracking boy and I chose to go fo a rescue - there are too many needing homes ...

I dont mean to be rude David but did you not already post somewhere else saying you had got a pup ??? what happened to that one ?? ( if I am wrong I apologise)

Dani
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 11:55 AM
Have sent you a PM
Lel
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 05:44 PM
I think David has already found his dog from a past post?
sharon120463
New Member!
Female 

05-06-2005, 04:23 PM
I have had staffies for 10 years and had the ocassional litter.I study pedigrees so i do not in breed also the have their eyes tested. I am very fussy about the stud dog it has to have a gentle temperment and good chartrtics of the breed.My puppies are soicalized from an early age.When i send of for there K.C reg i tick the not eligable for export box.I micro chip them a week before they go to their new home,So when people come to see them they have to bring prove of their address,plus i do home cheques and in their recipt if they ever have to get rid of the dog in its life time it comes back to me.There is no money to be made in dog breeding. the best reward is producing sound healthy puppies typical of their breed.sorry about the spellings.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >