Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 02:36 PM
Originally Posted by TappyTaps View Post
Hi

It's great to see that you're interested in our Dog Monitor app.

Let me just explain the concerns about wifi/3G connections.

All you need are two iPhones, iPads or iPod Touch (or any combination) connected to the internet. It doesn't matter how. It can be either wifi, public hotspot, cellular connection (LTE, 3G EDGE) etc....than you are able to hear and talk to your dog and see live still picture.

If both devices are connected to the same wifi network, instead of still pictures you'll get video.

Using Dog Monitor is really easy and there is a step by step tutorial which will help you connect both devices.

Just let me know if you have any questions.

Ondrej from TappyTaps (developer of Dog Monitor)
Hi,

I've just used it for the first time with mixed success. The video link stopped fairly quickly, before I was off the drive so I than had to rely on photos. This seemed ok as they just showed my dog sleeping, but when he woke I saw one picture of him standing and an alert saying he was being noisy...but I don't seem to be able to listen to the noise he is making...am I right?

I then took another snap and thought I could see him lying under a cushion, but kept getting alerts to say that he was being noisy. When I return home half an hour after seeing him standing in the crate I found him out of the crate and running round the house.

Could you advise please?

Thank you.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 04:30 PM
So you need TWO iPhones for it to work? I should butt out of this really as I am probly sounding very FICK about it all! Where's Eileen I need a ficko mate for support!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

28-08-2013, 04:37 PM
I think you leave the ipad at home 'looking' at him and use the iphone to watch him, I think.
Eileen is in Dublin, remember .... she was packing
TappyTaps
New Member!
Male 

28-08-2013, 05:04 PM
Hi

You should be able to hear the noises. From what you're describing, in seems like there is low microphone sensitivity set. You can adjust the sensitivity on the settings of dog station (small icon on the top right)

If the screen changes and no sound are actually transferred, it could mean that the dog station was triggered by some random noise for example from outside. Try to experiment with microphone sensitivity a little bit and you should be able to find the ideal settings

You need two devices (it doesn't matter if it's an iPhone or iPad or iPod touch) - one stays at home with your dog and the other one is the one you have with you
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-08-2013, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by TappyTaps View Post
Hi

You should be able to hear the noises. From what you're describing, in seems like there is low microphone sensitivity set. You can adjust the sensitivity on the settings of dog station (small icon on the top right)

If the screen changes and no sound are actually transferred, it could mean that the dog station was triggered by some random noise for example from outside. Try to experiment with microphone sensitivity a little bit and you should be able to find the ideal settings

You need two devices (it doesn't matter if it's an iPhone or iPad or iPod touch) - one stays at home with your dog and the other one is the one you have with you
Thank you. I will give it a go again. I leave the radio on for the dogs and that seemed to being picked up as well as the monitor was saying the dog was being noisy even when the picture showed him lying down chewing his kong.
Hottie
New Member!
Female 

10-09-2013, 04:15 PM
Could you not achieve the same using Facetime which is free?

I chat with family all over the world for free and it's great to see them too.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
So you need TWO iPhones for it to work? I should butt out of this really as I am probly sounding very FICK about it all! Where's Eileen I need a ficko mate for support!
Just seen this...
BLUDDY CHARMING
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2013, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Just seen this...
BLUDDY CHARMING
Anytime Eileen. Credit where it's due I say!
FluffHippo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2013, 08:26 PM
I'm liking the idea of this! I may try it tomorrow. Belle has been getting the blame for things only to find out its been Mika. I'd love to catch him in the act
I was blaming belle for ripping up balls of wool only to catch Mika doing it today.
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-09-2013, 09:21 PM
TappyTaps have you got an Android version?
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >