Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Fantastic! I thought it had, but couldn't find anything on it, so that was the next best thing, but thank you for clarifying

Rips, aparently your work peep has an none-existant breed
Yes I told her that at the time. She still thinks I'm mad!
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Paley71 View Post
I had someone yesterday telling me Alsatians and GSD's weren't the same thing....apparently Alsatians have more black markings
I had this conversation with an exs mum, she would not believe me so I found it on the internet and showed it to her, I was then told I was a know it all
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Tegs_mum View Post
I had this conversation with an exs mum, she would not believe me so I found it on the internet and showed it to her, I was then told I was a know it all
bet your glad he's your ex then
Tegs_mum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
bet your glad he's your ex then
Actually I'm still friends with her!
malwhit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

11-09-2011, 05:38 PM
I have had several comments when out that the 2 Labradoodles are parents and the Mini Schnauzers their babies

Last week I had a strange conversation with a neighbour about his Labrador. He said Labradors and Labrador Retreivers were different breeds - and Labradors like his (working type) evolved 400 years ago by crossing Labs and Pointers. That is a new one one me - and I was lost for words
MrsC
New Member!
Female 

11-09-2011, 07:37 PM
I was often asked if my Japanese Spitz was an arctic fox...especially if there had recently been a wildlife show on that had featured them. Plus, she was a rescue that had been run over so only had 3 legs. When I first got her people would come up say, excuse me but did you know your dog only has 3 legs? I would be thinking, what?! Did you think it fell off down the road and I didn't notice??!!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by MrsC View Post
I was often asked if my Japanese Spitz was an arctic fox...especially if there had recently been a wildlife show on that had featured them. Plus, she was a rescue that had been run over so only had 3 legs. When I first got her people would come up say, excuse me but did you know your dog only has 3 legs? I would be thinking, what?! Did you think it fell off down the road and I didn't notice??!!

Very sad about your dog's leg but must admit, I am chuckling at your remark at the end of this post
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-09-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm still gobsmacked re the lady round the corner that I see regularly walking her small dogs as she told me last week that her husband won't have it that Izzy is not Cherry. This despite the fact that poor Cherry had to have an eye removed and was much bigger than Izzy and also had a different ear carriage.

I thought she was joking and I said about Cherry only having one eye and she said she had told her husband that but he still wouldn't believe that Izzy was not Cherry
MrsC
New Member!
Female 

12-09-2011, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by TabithaJ View Post
Very sad about your dog's leg but must admit, I am chuckling at your remark at the end of this post
Oh she got on fine really, it was a back leg so she sort of positioned it in the middle. And she was quite speedy too, when she wanted to be! It happened when she was tiny, just about old enough to leave her mum so she was like it most of her life. Silly breeders didn't fix a hole in their fence so she sneaked out. She never wandered out of sight after that though, she was like a limpet half the time
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-09-2011, 03:20 PM
I've had someone patting Marius, but saying they thought he was a bit overweight ....for a Doberman.

Does he look like an overweight Dobie anyone?

Page 4 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >