View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 07:12 PM
If the lady who met my husband on the heath once was a forum member I am sure she'd post his comments on this thread so here goes..........

Jamie (to lady with a yellow Lab) "Is your dog a Ridgeback?"

Lady with Lab "No-it is a Labrador"

Jamie "Oh-it's got s ridge of hairs along its back so I thought it was a Ridgeback"

Me "Don't worry, your dog is obviously a lovely Labrador-he isn't a doggy person so take no notice!"
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 07:52 PM
I have some people say their border collies had fox in them thats why some of their black fur turned a little red in the summer
I said it was just the sun lightening the black

but nope - apparently the farmer said he had bred his collies to foxes to make them smarter wonder how much they paid for that 'special cross'
I often get asked what breed my pair are (which is fair enough cos they look similar) and had them called mini prince collies a few times! I hope thats not about to become a breed
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
There's a girl at work who reckons she has 2 dogs of different breeds: one a GSD, the other an Alsatian!

I keep trying to tell her otherwise but she insists they're different because one is longhaired.
Lol. What will she say if this gets passed http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item...art/pg_ftr_art
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by Paley71 View Post
I had someone yesterday telling me Alsatians and GSD's weren't the same thing....apparently Alsatians have more black markings
No, no, Alsatians are short haired, German Shepherds are long haired.
Paley71
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post
No, no, Alsatians are short haired, German Shepherds are long haired.

Yeah, that's what I told him when I put him straight
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
I have some people say their border collies had fox in them thats why some of their black fur turned a little red in the summer
I said it was just the sun lightening the black

but nope - apparently the farmer said he had bred his collies to foxes to make them smarter wonder how much they paid for that 'special cross'
I often get asked what breed my pair are (which is fair enough cos they look similar) and had them called mini prince collies a few times! I hope thats not about to become a breed
Oh Ben that had me giggling out loud
Warro
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-09-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Lol. What will she say if this gets passed http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item...art/pg_ftr_art
It already has . There's no longer any such thing as an Alsatian. What was the German Shepherd Dog (alsatian) is now just a German Shepherd Dog. I think it was October last year it happened.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by Warro View Post
It already has . There's no longer any such thing as an Alsatian. What was the German Shepherd Dog (alsatian) is now just a German Shepherd Dog. I think it was October last year it happened.
Fantastic! I thought it had, but couldn't find anything on it, so that was the next best thing, but thank you for clarifying

Rips, aparently your work peep has an none-existant breed
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 06:06 PM
I may be wrong here, and it is just by the by.....but I seem to remember that during one of my husband's incessant lectures on the war and all things related that he told me that the German Shepherd was renamed "Alsation" during or after WW1 or WW2. See - I wasn't really listening as usual

To do with sensitivities and things.
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
I may be wrong here, and it is just by the by.....but I seem to remember that during one of my husband's incessant lectures on the war and all things related that he told me that the German Shepherd was renamed "Alsation" during or after WW1 or WW2. See - I wasn't really listening as usual

To do with sensitivities and things.
That's the same thing I was told or read or something Bitkin. I have no idea whether it's true or not though.
Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »