View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 07:58 PM

Straying Chow (young male....approx 10 months old) - West of Glasgow area.

Hi folks,

Are there any Chow people here who might be able to help me with this?

The reason I ask is that there is a Chow straying locally where I live. There has been several sightings of him and apparently he is about 10 months old.

He's said to 'belong' to a druggie who doesn't give a toss about him (obviously!).

Now, how could said druggie afford a Chow (unless they are a big time dealer), which leads me to think that he may have been stolen (it's a possibility anyway).....obviously no decent breeder would sell under such circumstances.

I can't imagine that there would be many BYBs of Chows.

I heard of this dog last night and so was out tonight walking and driving to see if I could find it. I never did, but there have been several sightings.

Can anyone give me any help or advice regarding this?

I think I'm going to contact breed rescue and the dog warden tomorrow to see what they say.

I hate things like this.

Thanks in advance.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Hope you get him if he is straying hun. I am sure the chow rescue or dog warden maybe able to help....hope so anyway.

Good luck
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 08:32 PM
hi
i hope he is found soon,he may be in a safe place and thats why he hasnt been sighted?
i would bear in mind,trying to 'capture' a teenage chow that doesnt want to be got..will be a tad tricky to say the least..almost as hard as a rouge sibe!!
good luck
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2010, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
hi
i hope he is found soon,he may be in a safe place and thats why he hasnt been sighted?
i would bear in mind,trying to 'capture' a teenage chow that doesnt want to be got..will be a tad tricky to say the least..almost as hard as a rouge sibe!!
good luck
Yes, I'm well aware that it will prove a very, almost impossible, task, but I have to try at least! Maybe it's a net I need!

He has been sighted near busy places and roads as well, so I must have a look in these places as well.

Here's hoping someone decent finds him and does the right thing.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2010, 09:01 PM
hi nic,
having just checked doglost there are 4 male chows missing nationally, one missing from scotland kirkcaldy since 2004, and one from 2009, all older dogs though - however quite possible that one of these dogs could have been used by puppy farmer I suppose, however if you register on doglost or post all the info including locations etc on here I will post it up on them all for you.

any idea if its defo chow or a cross?
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2010, 09:35 PM
mmmnnn just check again and this one popped out as reunited however its literally right in your area - might be worth checking with doglost to declare possibility of this dog being straying again/////

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=19494
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
hi nic,
having just checked doglost there are 4 male chows missing nationally, one missing from scotland kirkcaldy since 2004, and one from 2009, all older dogs though - however quite possible that one of these dogs could have been used by puppy farmer I suppose, however if you register on doglost or post all the info including locations etc on here I will post it up on them all for you.

any idea if its defo chow or a cross?
mmmnnn just check again and this one popped out as reunited however its literally right in your area - might be worth checking with doglost to declare possibility of this dog being straying again/////

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_blog.php?dogId=19494
According to someone else who has seen it, it is not 10 months but is older and was spotted in December last year!

I wonder if it is that one in the link above? Maybe I should check and see.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2010, 09:42 PM
defo worth a call into doglost to explain, they are really helpful, and there is definetly something fishy about that unknown one on link.

there really cant be that many chows in the area - also even if that person is genuine they may well know about this other one.

I would definetly give them a call, there are a couple of other possibles on the site but just older dogs
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2010, 09:49 PM
defo worth a call into doglost to explain, they are really helpful, and there is definetly something fishy about that unknown one on link.

there really cant be that many chows in the area - also even if that person is genuine they may well know about this other one.

I would definetly give them a call, there are a couple of other possibles on the site but just older dogs
Unless there is more than one straying Chow, which surely is quite unlikely.

Thanks Dani, I'll give them a call tomorrow after work if they are still available then.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2010, 09:58 PM
That doglost entry was last EDITED 2 days ago apparently! Look at the dates! Hmmmmm...