Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally Posted by Freysterdewdrop View Post
I am also wary of chi's not just because cody was attacked by one but also because my neighbour has one and it chases people down the street. Dont get me wrong I have worked with chi's before and I have met some lovely dogs. But I have come across more chi's that are dog/human aggresive than I have rotties,dobbies and gsd put together
i think its often the smaller ones to watch, i watch animals cops and the like, and the inspectors always say they have never been bitten by the larger breeds, its the little ones like chis's and terriers etc.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 10:57 AM
i said...

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
i dont know much about what happened here, in the UK (im not old enough too), but in america many APBTs are just getting taken off their owners and PTS. considering what happened with Staffs in merseyside, i doubt the UK let all dogs live out their life.
so you replied with...

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Today is different we are talking about a breed that is ILEGAL, and as such will be siezed.
i was talking about Staffs in 2007, that was the point i was making (not APBTs!). Staffs arent illegal so the authorities have no grounds to take them and PTS, so i doubt, if they did that 2 years ago, they would have done that with APBTs when the law was introduced.

so thats why i asked...

Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
since when have Staffs been illegal?
coz thats what you were making it sound, after i was talking about 2007. that is was ok for THEM to be seized since they are illegal, which they arent. just how it sounded to me
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Well, that was a surprise, click on a subject about "dangerous dogs" and what breed is being discussed - Chihuahuas

Firstly, let me say, I have 9 (three bred by little old me) Chihuahuas and I have breeder friends that have many more. There is not a single Chi that I've come across in my life that is aggressive. Yes some can be a bit yappy (people that don't understand dogs might categorise yappiness as aggression ) but that is all.

Secondly, how can you even discuss Chis as "dangerous dogs" - please. Never heard of a Chihuahua killing anyone, be it man, child or dog. A nasty nip is about as bad as it could get and if one did get really nasty, you'd easily drag it away, unlike some of the breeds that are classified as "dangerous dogs."

The only dangerous dogs are the ones that have been bred without care or not reared properly by the owners. I am not breedist, whatever breed being discussed, so I'm quite surprised when I see Chihuahuas being discussed under "dangerous dogs"
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Well, that was a surprise, click on a subject about "dangerous dogs" and what breed is being discussed - Chihuahuas

Firstly, let me say, I have 9 (three bred by little old me) Chihuahuas and I have breeder friends that have many more. There is not a single Chi that I've come across in my life that is aggressive. Yes some can be a bit yappy (people that don't understand dogs might categorise yappiness as aggression ) but that is all.

Secondly, how can you even discuss Chis as "dangerous dogs" - please. Never heard of a Chihuahua killing anyone, be it man, child or dog. A nasty nip is about as bad as it could get and if one did get really nasty, you'd easily drag it away, unlike some of the breeds that are classified as "dangerous dogs."

The only dangerous dogs are the ones that have been bred without care or not reared properly by the owners. I am not breedist, whatever breed being discussed, so I'm quite surprised when I see Chihuahuas being discussed under "dangerous dogs"

I knew I should'a' put a disclaimer on that one LOL... I was stating that the only breed that I am cautious when meeting is a Chi, not that they are dangerous, but I have met soooo many unsocialized, spoiled, bad tempered examples of the breed, that I am cautious with them. I dont like being bitten, no matter what size the dog. Your 9 are good examples, but honestly, they are very popular here, and there's only one or 2 I've met, out'a hundreds, that didn't try to bite either my dogs or myself. That is why I'm cautious, not because they'll kill me, tho they do draw blood. I'm not dissing the breed either, I love all breeds, and the Chi's that I've met that are good examples are wonderful dogs, that I adored!
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-10-2009, 11:19 AM

Come off it, you just cannot be serious - Chis was a sick joke meant to express the serious mental problems of people in high places towards problems that a kid of five year old could solve.

It was a comparative funny and should be understood as such by people with a normal oulook on life. We cannot under any circumstances refrain from applying utter ridicule to people who just do not live in a practical world and live in some kind of personal idiotic and sterile bubble.
John Bull
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
I knew I should'a' put a disclaimer on that one LOL... I was stating that the only breed that I am cautious when meeting is a Chi, not that they are dangerous, but I have met soooo many unsocialized, spoiled, bad tempered examples of the breed, that I am cautious with them. I dont like being bitten, no matter what size the dog. Your 9 are good examples, but honestly, they are very popular here, and there's only one or 2 I've met, out'a hundreds, that didn't try to bite either my dogs or myself. That is why I'm cautious, not because they'll kill me, tho they do draw blood. I'm not dissing the breed either, I love all breeds, and the Chi's that I've met that are good examples are wonderful dogs, that I adored!
I'm sorry that you've had a bad experiences with the Chis you've had problems with. Maybe the owners thought it was cute for their little ones to snap giving the breed a bad name. I would be so ashamed if one of my dogs were to be aggressive to people/dogs.
Freysterdewdrop
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-10-2009, 11:24 AM

I was using chis as an example of what any dog being in the wrong hands could be like. If a dog bites wether it is a 'nasty nip' or a bite, then that dog is a danger, no matter what its size.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
Come off it, you just cannot be serious - Chis was a sick joke meant to express the serious mental problems of people in high places towards problems that a kid of five year old could solve.

It was a comparative funny and should be understood as such by people with a normal oulook on life. We cannot under any circumstances refrain from applying utter ridicule to people who just do not live in a practical world and live in some kind of personal idiotic and sterile bubble.
John Bull
I have not the slightest clue what you are ranting on about. Try to calm down and talk rationally, then maybe we can discuss. Your post sounds like the rantings of the five year old you mention at the beginning of your post
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by Freysterdewdrop View Post
I was using chis as an example of what any dog being in the wrong hands could be like. If a dog bites wether it is a 'nasty nip' or a bite, then that dog is a danger, no matter what its size.
So a Chihuahua is a dangerous dog then, right got ya
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 11:28 AM
So a Chihuahua is a dangerous dog then, right got ya
too right! Very easy to trip over.
Page 7 of 10 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >