View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
John Bull
Dogsey Junior
Male 

05-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Nobody loves or understands me. Ah feel real upset and abandoned.

Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
Secondly, how can you even discuss Chis as "dangerous dogs" - please. Never heard of a Chihuahua killing anyone, be it man, child or dog. A nasty nip is about as bad as it could get and if one did get really nasty, you'd easily drag it away, unlike some of the breeds that are classified as "dangerous dogs."

The only dangerous dogs are the ones that have been bred without care or not reared properly by the owners. I am not breedist, whatever breed being discussed, so I'm quite surprised when I see Chihuahuas being discussed under "dangerous dogs"
Quite a few years ago there actually was a Chi that killed a baby in America. Theres only a few references about it left online (It was early to mid 90's).

We also have an 'agressive' Chi in Teagans 'Naughty Doggy Class' (thats what we named the class ourself! lol)
But theres a whole range of breeds, not all big, not all small.

I deff agree dangerous dogs are ones that have not been bred with care, or reared properly by their owners.
I also do not think dog agressive dogs are dangerous dogs, if managed properly by caring owners.

When Teagan has been attacked in the past, I have generally left out the breed that has attacked her when I posted on here, as I don't think it's relevant.
Other people must not think it's relevant either, as they didn't ask!

It's hard for anyone to see 'their' breed being discussed as dangerous - weather it's big or small! I hate it when I see stories of Bullmastiffs in the news etc, because i've never met an agressive one! They have all been extra softies!
I own 3 diff sizes of dogs - Yorkie, Collie x and Bullmastiff, so i'm not prejudice to any size of dog!

p.s Please don't think i'm 'having a go'!
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by Hevvur View Post
Quite a few years ago there actually was a Chi that killed a baby in America. Theres only a few references about it left online (It was early to mid 90's).

We also have an 'agressive' Chi in Teagans 'Naughty Doggy Class' (thats what we named the class ourself! lol)
But theres a whole range of breeds, not all big, not all small.

I deff agree dangerous dogs are ones that have not been bred with care, or reared properly by their owners.
I also do not think dog agressive dogs are dangerous dogs, if managed properly by caring owners.

When Teagan has been attacked in the past, I have generally left out the breed that has attacked her when I posted on here, as I don't think it's relevant.
Other people must not think it's relevant either, as they didn't ask!

It's hard for anyone to see 'their' breed being discussed as dangerous - weather it's big or small! I hate it when I see stories of Bullmastiffs in the news etc, because i've never met an agressive one! They have all been extra softies!
I own 3 diff sizes of dogs - Yorkie, Collie x and Bullmastiff, so i'm not prejudice to any size of dog!

p.s Please don't think i'm 'having a go'!

Hey, Hevvur, I def don't think you're having a go If anything, you're agreeing with what I've said (in a way). My point being, why label Chis/Poms whatever as dangerous, just as well as Staffs or anything else, come to that. Deed not breed is all I was saying. I don't think we need to diss breeds because the media do enough of that. I do think that some owners of large breeds think it is okay to say that small breeds are aggresive but then don't like it if it's the other way round.

I understand the point that you and the others are making, that it isn't just certain breeds that are "dangerous" but I just wasn't happy that Chis were being brought up because, like all breeds, there are good and bad.

Anyway, like I said before, it all got blown up silly because we allowed a newbie to wind us all up but we've straightened it out now.

Hope all is okay with you, Hevvur, by the way
Page 10 of 10 « First < 7 8 9 10