View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 07:23 PM

Misty's a proper gundog now! (ESS x Cocker Spaniel)

I took Misty out on her first shoot day today! What an angel!

She was a bit ignorant at times and I need to learn her to heel, but other than, it couldn't have gone any better!!

I think it is going to take some time for her realise the difference between a shoot day when she has to hunt closer to me, and when she goes 'dogging in' with OH where she can run around like a loon without a care in the world!

I was most amazed when she bought me back a wounded partridge! The only bird she has ever carried is a woodcock, that was sat by our front door (dead!) when she was a few month old! She was away hunting near a burn, and OH said to recall whistle her, which I did, and she ignored, so I whistled again, and she came running back, carrying the partridge! I couldn't have been happier!! She also found another dead partridge when we were walking down the hill from the last drive, again, I was shocked!
She has never shown any inclination to pick up, so I am so so proud of my baby girl!

She just took everything in her stride, she was unkeen on my flagging on the first drive, but then by the second, she had forgotten about it, and was superb. She didn't bat an eyelid at the guns going off!!!

Today was a good starter day for her, and it was only 3 drives, and we started at half 9ish and were done by 20 past one, so it was short and sweet, and she has experienced a shoot day!

She can only improve from here!! I've got an amazing pic of her on my phone, of her head, looking at something, but I can't get it onto the pc =[

I so pleased with her, I just wanted to share with everyone!!

xxx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 07:32 PM
oh thats brill - she did good
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2009, 08:19 PM
Congratulations, it sounds like she's going to do really well
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2009, 06:00 AM
Brill, its lovely seeing them do what they're supposed to do, first shoot for us on Saturday
dogbuddy
New Member!
Female 

01-10-2009, 06:09 AM
that's great! congratulations! she really did well