View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 07:41 PM
If you want a good dog walking experience, come on one of the organised dog walks They are great for the dogs and the people alike.

Since Jess has improved with other dogs, my walks have been much more enjoyable. There is nothing better (IMO) than walking with a big pack of dogs (especially when people are generally really wary of GSD's and then they praise us on how well behaved our dogs are, and then little children stop to stroke them). I love it
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Well, we met a very beautiful Flat Coat pup today that my boy had a run around with. There is something very striking about long (ish) black fur - so shiny!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Most the people/dogs i meet when walking are all very nice - we all sort of know each other now, one lady i met the other day with two airdales even took my bag of poo and put it in the dog bin (she was on her way back - only 1 bin on way in/out)so i didn't have to walk around with it - how thoughtful was that !
ALexa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2009, 08:20 PM
We have just had a lovely stretch of nice walks and examples of dogs meeting/walking together and getting on well. A few weeks ago we visited the Cannock Chase area and walked with 8 Border Collies and 1 JRT - not all from the same family, they had a lovely time, met lots of other dogs and people and not a moments trouble.

Last week was our Easter holidays and we visited Dartmoor where again my 5 and our foster dog walked every day with no trauma's, lots of other dogs in the busier areas, particularly on the bank holidays where all the people had 'got their dogs out of the cuboard'

A fine time was had by all....as you can see by their grins

And finally tonight we have just got back from our evening walk...oh how i love it now the clocks have changed. I was walking with 4 of mine and my mother in a popular dog walking area round some woods and a river, we met a spanial, a lab and a golden retriever on our travels and they said their hellos and moved on.

Those are my recent happy walking tales Hope they help restore faith that normal relaxed walks can happen.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 08:27 PM
I think I may have only had one/two bad ones in the whole time I have been on dogsey, xx
Boxer Boy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Well done Ramble for raising this subject, since I joined the forum I was beginning to think the rest of the country was in the grip of canine terrorism.

I couldn't understand it, for where I live I have walked thousands of miles over the years happily meeting numerous dogs and owners . Only one naughty Staffie spoils a long history of canine enjoyment.

Good to see many others have the same good news to report.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 08:45 PM
BB, to be fair I remember a post from you tarnishing all staffies!! Glad to see you've changed your tune on it then.

Wamble, I feel exactly the same about most bad things on here sometimes. I think all dogs die really young, get horrible illness' and have scary walks. That's just because we only read/hear the bad things because they seem more interesting. So, good post!

I haven't ever had a bad walk (touch Wood), although yesterdays (excuse the pun) run in with Tigger the Staffie has left me with a very sore leg ;o)

Good news, Woody is back on off lead walks and today we took him round the fields and for a swim. He had a whale of a time with his Springers friends (my friend/work colleague's dogs) Lulu and Rupert and went for a swim in the stream. Then we all went and sat in the pub garden and had a pint, avec les chiens! Now that's a good dog walk ;o)
Boxer Boy
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
BB, to be fair I remember a post from you tarnishing all staffies!! Glad to see you've changed your tune on it then.
Pidge I don't wish to change the tone of this happy thread, but I must point out you missrepresent my views, I have not changed my tune.

The excellent recent post by Staffie owner sbt4eva encompasses my thoughts on the breed. Of course I know that there are many nice ones, but I still put my dogs on the lead when one comes into view.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by ALexa View Post
We have just had a lovely stretch of nice walks and examples of dogs meeting/walking together and getting on well. A few weeks ago we visited the Cannock Chase area and walked with 8 Border Collies and 1 JRT - not all from the same family, they had a lovely time, met lots of other dogs and people and not a moments trouble.

Last week was our Easter holidays and we visited Dartmoor where again my 5 and our foster dog walked every day with no trauma's, lots of other dogs in the busier areas, particularly on the bank holidays where all the people had 'got their dogs out of the cuboard'

A fine time was had by all....as you can see by their grins

And finally tonight we have just got back from our evening walk...oh how i love it now the clocks have changed. I was walking with 4 of mine and my mother in a popular dog walking area round some woods and a river, we met a spanial, a lab and a golden retriever on our travels and they said their hellos and moved on.

Those are my recent happy walking tales Hope they help restore faith that normal relaxed walks can happen.
Great pictures, and Cannock Chase is a great place to walk. I love it there!!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Boxer Boy View Post
Pidge I don't wish to change the tone of this happy thread, but I must point out you missrepresent my views, I have not changed my tune.

The excellent recent post by Staffie owner sbt4eva encompasses my thoughts on the breed. Of course I know that there are many nice ones, but I still put my dogs on the lead when one comes into view.
Oh. My bad. What a shame, but as you say we'll say no more to preserve the tone of the thread.
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >