Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
Just thought, did she get the pup from a breeder? Could you not contact them? They may be happy to take him back.
Only a BYB

so no hope there i'm afraid.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I get the feeling you have already made up your mind to take the dog, maybe fostering him could be the way to go, if it all works well he stays, if not get a rescue involved.

Whatever you decide the dog needs to get out of there the sooner the better.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 05:33 PM
well , he just needs training dosnt he ,he sounds like he has been ,just left to ,do as he wishes ,or left ,being ignored . poor little pup ,like you say ,she has taken on to much .your dogs will soon show him the way .
or like the others have suggested ,to contact rescue for help ,you foster in the mean time . he will make someone a lovely friend ,with a little time ,and effort . its a shame for him . if you fostered him ,for a while ,see how you get on
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by queenwillow View Post
well , he just needs training dosnt he ,he sounds like he has been ,just left to ,do as he wishes ,or left ,being ignored . poor little pup ,like you say ,she has taken on to much .your dogs will soon show him the way .
or like the others have suggested ,to contact rescue for help ,you foster in the mean time . he will make someone a lovely friend ,with a little time ,and effort . its a shame for him . if you fostered him ,for a while ,see how you get on
you've sumed him up well!

yes it will be the whole kit and kaboodle, and i'm up for it.

it will be my dogs that might swing the final decision especially as he's just hit puberty and knowing how Labs can be at this stage i really dont know how mine will take to him.

i'll talk to the girl tonight to see what she wants to happen and when.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
i'm really torn on this and need help.........

my daughters friend has 2 young kids(3 and 1yr) an elderly dog who loves the kids, no partner but works full time.

she bought a Lab puppy before xmas we tried to warn her off doing this as we knew it would be too much for her and not fair on the dog.

well now the **** has hit the fan and she cant cope

the pup is not house trained, rips the house apart, has no other training, is not walked ever, knocks the kids over and harrases the elderly dog.

well, i told you so, my head screams

she has asked if we would take him on. NOW!

my heart says yes, but my head says no.

the first, i've had dogs like this before so not an issue for me BUT the second......do i want to upset the apple cart? my two love other dogs even in their own home but having a hooligan rampaging all over them might just prove too much( i could be wrong, they might love it!)

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!
Firstly approach the puppy's breeder(s)
Contact the breed rescue
Don't take te puppy unless you are 100% sure & then get it in writing that the old owner has no rights once the dog is anded over
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 05:53 PM
it may not help and i may be a fool but i couldnt see the dog stay there and would take him....probably doesnt help hun! sorry
xx
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
it may not help and i may be a fool but i couldnt see the dog stay there and would take him....probably doesnt help hun! sorry
xx

i just want him out of a bad situation too. thats how i'm thinking atm.

then training,training and more training.
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Originally Posted by hectorsmum View Post
i just want him out of a bad situation too. thats how i'm thinking atm.

then training,training and more training.
very true - then at least he would be easier to rehome if necessary...any chance of maybe walking them all togethere to see if they get on?
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by alexandra View Post
very true - then at least he would be easier to rehome if necessary...any chance of maybe walking them all togethere to see if they get on?

i know mine would walk fine with him, but its the living together that could be the stumbling block. i know i would have to intervene to stop any unwanted hooligan behaviour but how long before mine had enough.

i suppose its going to be trial and hopefully no error but he's young enough to learn.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Sheesh, poor dog. Why would anyone who has two kids under 3, works full time and is single go out and get a very active, boisterous breed of dog? the mind boggles.

I'm guessing she did not get the pup from a responsible breeder, as most responsible breeders would never place a pup in that circumstance.

If you can't take the pup (Labs are great dogs, really, truly! ) direct her towards a Lab breed rescue. Young Labs tend to get re-homed very quickly, especially if they are yellow or chocolate in colour.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >