Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by jesterjenn View Post
Are these the halti leads? If so, please be careful with them. My friends GSD broke ours when he was less than a year. it ripped the stiching right out.
I'm really surprised to hear that! I know so many people that use these leads that have never had a moments problem. Where did the stitching come loose? Did she get intouch with the company of animals?
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
I'm really surprised to hear that! I know so many people that use these leads that have never had a moments problem. Where did the stitching come loose? Did she get intouch with the company of animals?
We had for probs about a year with my GSD and it was great. No problems whatsoever.

You know where the clasp is, the material sort of folds over, and it has a D loop in there, it is sewn together. Lennox (persons GSD) pulled suddenly and it just came off. The stitch still had its loops, so how it managed to happen I do not know. We were very lucky we were in a park, otherwise the outcome could have been much worse than just a broke lead!!!

I took it back to where I bought it and they said they were going to send it back to their supplier.

It is a very good lead, just be careful of it
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 06:21 PM
I have a rope lead (clip on, not slip) that is made of rock climber rope...I got it from Wilkinson's of all places. It is brilliant. Out of all the leads we have, it doesn't have a dent in it and I honestly think you'd have to be Superwoman to put one on it.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 06:35 PM
we use Rogz, but I really want a purple braid that Mish posted for Indz, i'm hoping they have them at York!!!
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 06:55 PM
I got one from York last year ... emerald green and navy
Daysleeper40
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Whilst I'm in here...... I'm wondering why you prefer the leather ones, when leather BREAKS, and nylon will never break??? I only say this being a horsey person who knows about leather bridles, leather headcollars, and that is WHY we use a leather headcollar on a horse out in a field coz if it ever got into trouble, it would break, and free the horse, but nylon would end up strangling it! Just a thought! My bridle was always breaking in places too and that was leather!
Thats exactly what I was thinking (horsy background too!) but then I guess even the strongest dog isn't going to match up to the strength of a horse?
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-04-2009, 08:20 PM
The leads [and collars] i have been using for 6/7 years are from Hurricane Kennels in Sweden.I can't fault them and you recieve them very fast considering they are being sent from Sweden...Cheers..Ian.
http://www.hurricanekennels.com/HP2/koppel.html
Heidi1
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2009, 08:09 AM
The Halti training leads are strong - they hold our 45kg boy fine and don't wear out.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
thats the bit I love, I hate the feel of man made leads, they make my skin crawl, im such a loon,.
I would love to have some nice leather leads but around here most of the locals don't walk their dogs and if they do it's likely to be a bit of string or an old rusty chain
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

11-04-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Whilst I'm in here...... I'm wondering why you prefer the leather ones, when leather BREAKS, and nylon will never break??? I only say this being a horsey person who knows about leather bridles, leather headcollars, and that is WHY we use a leather headcollar on a horse out in a field coz if it ever got into trouble, it would break, and free the horse, but nylon would end up strangling it! Just a thought! My bridle was always breaking in places too and that was leather
I get totally see where you are coming from... but have to say I have always been a fan of leather.

Always used leather headcollars on my lot,(horses)

I do agree with you on the fact nylon wil last longer, but to me it does not give the same grip.

So as long as you are vigalent with the care of leather..i.e the stitching you are OK.

I have found its always the stitching that goes first. specailly on collars (dogs) particularly if they get them wet on every occasion the can.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >