Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Again, Snugglepets do a brilliant extra wide, extra strong lead, with lots of stitching rows all down the length to ADD to it's strength! I've bought one and it's brilliant and cheap! Btw, what is that D clip on the part of a lead which you hold then, anyone know, coz this new lead has one of those and I'm beggered if I know what it's for??!
has your lead got two clips on it one at each end? if so the D ring is to alter the length of the lead

Mo
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Thankyou Mo.... there were more than one of us trying to work that one out, and one of those is a dog walker!!!! I don't suppose you could explain how that works then, coz we tried and couldn't!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 03:33 PM
you clip the clip onto the collar then clip the d-ring onto the same clip the collar is on, so the lead is half the lenght.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Well, they say 3 heads are better than one, but they're NOT coz we couldn't work that one out!!! Thanks Shona, so now I know!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Whilst I'm in here...... I'm wondering why you prefer the leather ones, when leather BREAKS, and nylon will never break??? I only say this being a horsey person who knows about leather bridles, leather headcollars, and that is WHY we use a leather headcollar on a horse out in a field coz if it ever got into trouble, it would break, and free the horse, but nylon would end up strangling it! Just a thought! My bridle was always breaking in places too and that was leather!
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 04:16 PM
lol now I would have a clip on the dogs collar and the other clip clipped to the D ring to sort of make a large loop and have that end as a handle lol have a mess about with the different combinations to see which suit you.

MO
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Whilst I'm in here...... I'm wondering why you prefer the leather ones, when leather BREAKS, and nylon will never break??? I only say this being a horsey person who knows about leather bridles, leather headcollars, and that is WHY we use a leather headcollar on a horse out in a field coz if it ever got into trouble, it would break, and free the horse, but nylon would end up strangling it! Just a thought! My bridle was always breaking in places too and that was leather!

I have used nylon in the past but found with dogs that like to pull, they tended to cut into my hands, whereas the leather ones are soo much kinder to the hands IMO, I guess like everything its a matter of checking to see if your leads are in good condition, I have had nylon ones that have frayed over the years, I have never had a leather lead snap as of yet.?

Mo
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 04:31 PM
http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/haltilead.php
We have this for Cosmo. He's been using it for nearly a year and a half and still looks almost as good as new. The fabric is lovely and soft and the clips (touch wood) have been great so far.
It has a number of different ways you can use it...you can alter the length, you can attach it to a harness/headcollar and the normal collar...very multi purpose. It does only come in black..but with a dog that loves the mud like he does it's not a problem.
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/haltilead.php
We have this for Cosmo. He's been using it for nearly a year and a half and still looks almost as good as new. The fabric is lovely and soft and the clips (touch wood) have been great so far.
It has a number of different ways you can use it...you can alter the length, you can attach it to a harness/headcollar and the normal collar...very multi purpose. It does only come in black..but with a dog that loves the mud like he does it's not a problem.
Are these the halti leads? If so, please be careful with them. My friends GSD broke ours when he was less than a year. it ripped the stiching right out.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
I have used nylon in the past but found with dogs that like to pull, they tended to cut into my hands, whereas the leather ones are soo much kinder to the hands IMO, I guess like everything its a matter of checking to see if your leads are in good condition, I have had nylon ones that have frayed over the years, I have never had a leather lead snap as of yet.?

Mo

DITO to all of that, never had one break yet,
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >