Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2021, 10:38 AM

Muttering Monday 13th December 2021

Hope this finds everyone tickety boo. Why are things never simple. That's the question for today. Hope you all have a good day.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2021, 11:26 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Nothing is ever simple these days. Hope whatever your problem is it is soon sorted.

Like you Brenda I have a problem. My kettle now refuses to switch on and stay on. Looked on the internet and told to unscrew the bottom. Funny screws there and I have nothing to fit so no can't do that. Luckily I have an old one that I keep as a spare so not without.

Damp and miserable out. Have taken a parcel to a local Hermes shop to return the wrong curtains Ben ordered and then popped into friend's for a quick coffee. We haven't seen each other for a year but talk regularly on the phone.

Hope all are well. Take care.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2021, 12:38 PM
Afternoon all
Mum and dad are off on the present run, drs including all staff and then the vets and chemists.
Hmmmm, I think that if things were simple then life would just be too easy. I am just used to chaos and drama now and just expect things to go wrong every day.
Mums going to pick me up some energy drinks today as I am just permanently exhausted, I don't like using them but hopefully a short term fix, I don't intend to let it become a permanent thing
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2021, 04:24 PM
Afternoon brenda, Sue, griff and all to follow.
Now raining here after a fairly bright dry day.
Been wrapping Paul and Beth's presents to drop over on Friday, housework while Gorden was teaching online in the cabin, showered, hair washed now relaxing before tea.
He was meant to be going into London on Thursday to teach to a big group, ordered his train ticket last month to get a good deal and today and no surprise the University have said all teaching again back online. Some of the students will of been schools Gorden's group were in during July but others in other groups recently and they do not want them possibly spreading this new variant and then not being able to go home for Christmas , good for us to keeps Gorden safe.
We will most likely lose the ticket money but better to lose that than get covid.

brenda everything seems harder these days not sure if it's age or a combination of many things.
Sue sounds like a busy day.
griff glad you are going to take the energy drinks.

Keep safe and well everyone.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2021, 05:15 PM
Afternoon all

Been on a lovely walk and Gert's ears pricked up I saw someone in the distance and Gert was on edge.....turned out to be my brother totally unplanned he saw us in the fields as he drove past (he was working) Gert was ecstatic and expended quite a lot of energy running between us until we met up luckily Gert knows what side her bread is buttered on and stayed with me, as Mick drove off and Gert and I walked.

Been to Asda and will not be there again before Christmas hopefully not busy busy but more people than I wanted to be around given this rising rate.

Has anyone seen the trailer for the film "The Wolfman" Anthony Hopkins its on standard sky and also Freeview Saturday pm looks fascinating.

Lynn Does that mean Gorden is not back again before he retires? enjoy your evening.

Griff Hope the energy drinks work for you.

Brenda Hope by now the tickety has returned to your Boo

Sue Were they the wrong curtains or an error with your lad? how are the girls getting on? hope your visit went well your deserve a nice afternoon to yourself.

Chris Hope all is good for you have you got the wheat bags and are they helping?

Moyra Hope all is good with you
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2021, 07:30 PM
He is supposed to back at the University once more next year that will be between January and March.
He still has some personal stuff there he would like to get back home.
He also has 3 more monitoring students in schools.
Guessing it all depends what this new variant does, or if another crops up.
Michael is monitoring the news carefully although he thinks he will get here for Christmas.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2021, 08:02 PM
Kazz, thanks for asking have spent two days last week in hospital having blood transfusions and a iron infusion. Have to go again for another iron infusion on Thursday and then an echocardiogram booked for Christmas Eve

I hope you all are keeping well and Dillon and our other doggie friends are all ok. God bless.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2021, 08:40 PM
Originally Posted by Moyra View Post
Kazz, thanks for asking have spent two days last week in hospital having blood transfusions and a iron infusion. Have to go again for another iron infusion on Thursday and then an echocardiogram booked for Christmas Eve

I hope you all are keeping well and Dillon and our other doggie friends are all ok. God bless.
So do you feel better can you feel a difference with the blood transfusion? why do they say you needed it and can it be avoided in the future?
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2021, 10:47 PM
Good evening all. I always seem to be the last one to the party these days.

I seem to be spending less time on the computer with one thing and another but do try to pop in to see how everyone is doing.

Headaches not much better. The wheat bag makes no difference. The doctor should call next week to review the meds so hopefully he'll either increase or change them.

Gary's heating isn't working at all now <sigh>. I think the Care Manager is going to log it again as an emergency tomorrow.

The virus is getting very naughty again. We just start to ease up and WHAM!

We take very, very few risks, but we have to live life otherwise, what's it all for?

As for the rest, just our same old, same old. Fortunately, dodging the rain showers that seem to come in most days now.

Soon be spring thank heavens