View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 03:35 PM

How big does an agility course have to be?

I was just wondering as now the garden has been mown, after becoming a jungle, I seemed to have a larger area, I've measured it roughly and it comes to be about 32m squared.

I know it'll depend on the equipment size and the dog but I just wondered if that would be big enough for an amateur agility course?
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 03:45 PM
any size - I do some training in my tiny living room and in my garden I have room for 2 jumps and a weave - and there is lots you can do with that

Your garden sounds huge to me - (picks up agility bag and heads over)
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 03:58 PM
I don't know about any other organisation but KC regs state:

Test Area - shall have a suitable surface and measure a minimum of 32m x 32m (35yds x 35yds) for outdoor venues. Indoor venues may be smaller but must be appropriate to the size of the Test. (H(1)(B) 1.a.(1))

So your garden is spot on! Have fun!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
any size - I do some training in my tiny living room and in my garden I have room for 2 jumps and a weave - and there is lots you can do with that

Your garden sounds huge to me - (picks up agility bag and heads over)
From rough measurement it is about 150ft x 30ft so we have a big garden. there's just three problems - the apple tree smack bam in the middle of the top garden, the hedge dividing the gardens (has to stay because the top garden is an extra bought piece of land so it's the boundary - we have a gate way to it though) and the ugly gas tank that cuts out 9ft x 4ft of a large strip - rubbish, but past the apple tree we do have about 32m squared.

I was thinking I could rent it out as an agility area as I know some people have their homemade moveable kits and don't have anywhere to put it but I don't think people with big dogs would be able to achieve full potential in the space I have (unless I cut down the tree - which I'm not allowed)