Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-08-2011, 06:52 PM

Crate: Fabric crate

I have been looking for a solution to keeping Chloe separate from my twin grandchildren who are 18 months old.
Chloe is very good with them but they can be very overpowering. I don't like banishing Chloe to another room all the time particularly when the twins are on short visits so I thought a fabric crate might work.

After a fair bit of research I decided on this one which comes from a company in Wales called 'Tested on Animals'. There are a couple of options, this one comes with some retractable mesh panels and curtains.
It folds flat and makes a good bed to take with us if we go anywhere like baby sitting or to anyone's house . It also doubles as a cosy bed which can be used to keep Chloe safe in the car .
I don't know how strong the mesh is so I would not leave a dog shut in and unattended , neither would I use it with a destructive dog or puppy .
So far it has worked very well and Chloe loves it .

It isn't the cheapest crate or the most expensive but it seems well made and looks good. The mesh is made of twine which appears to be stronger than that used in some other crates and the heavy duty canvas is washable.

http://www.testedonanimals.biz/produ...rapezium_beige
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-08-2011, 07:53 PM
That must be the nicest crate I've seen Mini! Chloe looks so comfy bless her. Definitely better than the metal crate I got for Rocky when he was a pup (which we only really used for a year or so - never 'locked' as he hated that).
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-08-2011, 09:34 PM
We have one of these. It was invaluable when Toby was a puppy! Light enough to carry around and quick to put up. We used it open for him to sleep in at night but he decided he preferred to sleep on top of it! I had to stop using it when he started using it as a booster to climb places he shouldn't! It was brilliant when he was a little pup and he used it for quite a while. Eventually one of the zips got chewed so it only has one door left. Definately worth the money. I wouldn't trust it now he's bigger and stronger so we have a metal one now.
Parkers
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Very cute! I too have two of those, Eddy and Jack uses them whenever there are thunders/fireworks etc and they feel really safe in these crates
Meg
Supervisor

06-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
We have one of these. It was invaluable when Toby was a puppy! Light enough to carry around and quick to put up. We used it open for him to sleep in at night but he decided he preferred to sleep on top of it! I had to stop using it when he started using it as a booster to climb places he shouldn't! It was brilliant when he was a little pup and he used it for quite a while. Eventually one of the zips got chewed so it only has one door left. Definately worth the money. I wouldn't trust it now he's bigger and stronger so we have a metal one now.
Originally Posted by Parkers View Post
Very cute! I too have two of those, Eddy and Jack uses them whenever there are thunders/fireworks etc and they feel really safe in these crates
Have you got the same make?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran

07-08-2011, 06:26 AM
I have a few from doggy solutions and the dogs love them as hidey holes, but as you say the mesh wont stand up to a dog who doesn't want to be shut in.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-08-2011, 07:57 AM
I had one for suki when she was smaller in our bedroom. Thought it was brill until she walked out if it one day straight through the side pannel lol
ATD x
Parkers
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-08-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by Minihaha View Post
Have you got the same make?
I do! I will need to find some photos. It is also brilliant for fun dog show to have shade/shelter.
fluffybland
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I have had a good quality fabric crate for several years, and it's coped with six pups over the years,and my older dog who still likes to go in it, (as door always rolled up) and a big cat who sleeps on the top of it. Its been with me on my travels too. Still as good as new, and washes up brilliantly. A very good buy!
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Very posh! I like the fact you can choose between mesh and fabric doors, nice!