Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 09:47 AM

Off to the vets... Millies not well

- this is gonna b a long one!

my poor little girl, shes been eating a lot of grass this past week, i know dogs eat grass but not this much!

the the other day she was really loose (poo) so we gave her eggs n toast to bung her up a bit, which seemed to work as the next nite time she looked a lot better.

then she threw up twice in one day with yellow sick with bits of grass in - by this time i was a lot more bothered again, so i thought, one more day and shes going the vets - shes not been acting funny btw, everything seemed fine -

then yesterday night, i was sat downstairs with her mooching round the lounge, she started belching, so i opened the back door n she ran out and threw up in the garden, so i gave her a hug n sat with her for abit, then she came in n settled (it was food in the sicck)

so then i was upstairs with her outside the door, n she startted again, went outside to see her throw up all down ths stairs, again a big hug cos she looked so guilty, kept stroking her (then cleaned it up)

bedtime, bout 11ish, goes into the garden, came in went bed (she sleeps in my room) she wakes me up bout half 11, so i put her out in the garden (she never wakes me up so i knew she was ill) - she went out, and trieed to poo, but i dont think she did, then she tried again and i dont think she went again (it was dark n i couldnt see properly) - ive checked this morning and theres nothing - then she had a wee (tiny little puddle)

wen went back to bed and then she slept all nite

this morning she seemed alrite running about but im still not hapy so i foned the vets, n shes going in at half 2 - i cant get back online i dont think until 2morow (working!) so i will let u know whats up with her - but does anyone know whats up with her??

or am i just being a bit paranoid??? (im like this with all my pets, including the hammys!)

dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 09:51 AM

Im sure the vet will make your litttle girl better suze Please keep us updated xxdk
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 09:54 AM
thanks

i feel really bad for her, shes like my kid lol!

i remember last time she was really ill (i think i psoted about it) when she went all floppy and drunk like and i thought she had been poisoned..? i just hate it when any of my animals are ill, i love em all to bits.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Poor thing. You are doing the right thing bringing her to the vet. Hope she feels better soon.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

27-07-2007, 10:03 AM
You are doing the right thing by taking her to the vet and hope she will be feeling better soon. Take care and keep us posted.
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 10:13 AM
thanks guys - i felt a bit ott i guess by taking jer to the vets - but id rather be safe than sorry cos she was anaemic ages ago, when she was ill - it could be that again??? i dont know - probablt thinking too deep again - im such a worrier
flowisp
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 10:18 AM
good luck at the vets, could be a bout of gastroentritus...flower had it a few weeks ago and the vets made her better within a day!! Let us know how it goes xxxxxx
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 10:55 AM
my other dog, sam (collie) had that the other month - she was really ill with it and again, i felt like a helpless mother lol!

just been out with the other 2 dogs on the field and she cant understand why shes not going, i mite take her for a gentle walk round the block later but i dont want to get her all excited

she could have even eaten something, but that dosent last for a week.....
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 11:06 AM
It won't do any harm to have her checked over by the vet if you are concerned. Better safe than sorry IMO
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-07-2007, 11:09 AM
yeah i agrree - people think im mad that i go the vets fror the slightestthing - my mum agres with me though, although not left her credit card *thank god i got paid on friday else my overdraft would be - - by now!*

its like my horse, some smart ar5e said eh ahd mud fever, i wasnt so sure, so i spent god knows how much proving them wrong, and i was rite, it was a growth, which could have got worse if i hadnt got the vet out,

shes feeling better atm though, trying to rob my chicken sandwich!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >