Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by beowulf881 View Post
I meants probs with people, or possibly just 'person' reporting me to the council and various websites that I use making false allegations. This person told the council I had an illegal wolfdog and his dad is a wolf...not true..I have the breeding history [5 generations] he's F6.
sounds like the green eyed monster to me
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 10:54 PM
I think it would be very difficult to collate figures on how many wolf dog x breeders there are, in the UK. The numbers of dogs out there, as a result, must be vast by now. Beautiful looking dogs, they do vary as do NIDs to the extent that classification isn't necessarily possible, on looks alone.
beowulf881
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
sounds like the green eyed monster to me
Can't think of any other reason why they'd do it. I've got a good idea who it is, but sometimes you suspect the obvious person, then it can turn out to be someone else. The person I suspect did it to a breeder I know after they had a fall out. She was also contacted by her local council, and she had to get a breeders licence. I did buy him as a stud dog, but don't need a licence cos only have 4 dogs.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:01 PM
Originally Posted by beowulf881 View Post
Can't think of any other reason why they'd do it. I've got a good idea who it is, but sometimes you suspect the obvious person, then it can turn out to be someone else. The person I suspect did it to a breeder I know after they had a fall out. She was also contacted by her local council, and she had to get a breeders licence. I did buy him as a stud dog, but don't need a licence cos only have 4 dogs.
why do you want to breed?
him being your first,and yourself already cautious and untrusting?
Rubster
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:02 PM
...and as everybody knows on here..My GSD x is really a wolfdog in disguise...

Sorry couldnt resist!

*Hides, along with the first 3 posters*

Bev x
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:05 PM
Can't think of any other reason why they'd do it.
Fear would be another reason to report you.

I personally wouldn't choose to own a wolf/dog mix. I love wolves and I love dogs but a combination of the two just doesn't appeal.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post

I personally wouldn't choose to own a wolf/dog mix. I love wolves and I love dogs but a combination of the two just doesn't appeal.
do you include csv's and saarloos in that?
sarah1983
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:20 PM
do you include csv's and saarloos in that?
Are they considered wolf mixes or are they considered to be dogs? Don't know a lot about the breeds in all honesty. I was thinking more the high content wolf/dog mixes though. Everything I've read about them says they don't make good pets and that generally they're anxious and destructive and in all honesty I've got enough of that with Rupert

ETA: I have no desire to own a csv or sarloos either. Beautiful dogs but not what I want in a dog.
beowulf881
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:23 PM
why do you want to breed?
him being your first,and yourself already cautious and untrusting?
Why does anybody wants to breed? because they love the dogs. I've bred dogs [and birds] for many years. GSD's in the past. I love wolves, and I love GSD's, with a hybrid u get the best of both worlds, both in the one dog. Adding a bit of Malamute brings some confidence into the temperament. Not as shy and timid.
beowulf881
Dogsey Junior
Female 

06-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by sarah1983 View Post

I'm 99% certain its a breeder who's done it, no-one else would be interested. Its everyone to their own what type of dogs they want, there are pro's and con's to owning every breed of dog, I love him to bits, and whatever the 'cons' may be, I don't care, he's worth it.
Page 9 of 22 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »