Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2023, 08:09 AM

Welsh Rarebit Wednesday 1st February 2023

Morning all. Chris I expect some of the vomiting with your sister is partly concussion. I do hope she gets better really soon. Sue hope all is getting better with all your family. Lynn hope you are ok to and Gorden. Kazz I received the emails and have replied. My friend Margaret should be over today being as it is Wednesday but we won't be having Welsh rarebit. Have a good day folks, off for a wander as the sun is shining. Yeah.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2023, 09:53 AM
Good morning Brenda and all

I've just got off the phone call to the hospital and the nasty icky sickness has gone. She's just had breakfast. Still unsteady but she's feeling a bit better in herself. The doctor should be doing his rounds in the next hour. They are monitoring her every two hours so she's in good hands (hopefully)

It sounded far more positive this morning. She fell while she was helping someone else to their door. She's 80 in July but still thinks she's in her 30s

The skull fracture is quite long, but holding together. The bleed is more of a worry apparently
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2023, 10:32 AM
Morning brenda, Chris and all to follow.

Chris sending you and your Sister all the healing vibes I can muster.
My Sister was the same to me as yours is to you. I understand your worries.
Sounding more positive for her today long may it continue.

Lovely breezy day here today again wish I had put the washing out yesterday
but we popped out and I thought it might rain. Today the washing is out and we have to go shopping but I think it will stay dry.
Kazz we will be keeping the Volvo for now and for a while we will be able to lift the pup in and out when it finally arrives.
I have a few people I trust with ears to the ground for me and who will give recommendations for us if needed, so its just time.
Volvo hopefully back today after new ball joints/gators done and hopefully they can get rid of the messages mostly the abs one.
They cleaned the sensor up when it was there last time but that didn't help so seems it needs a new one.
We took the Vauxhall to Kings Lynn again yesterday and again it didn't miss a beat since being put on the machine at a local dealer for Vauxhall so we are not rushing into the new turbo charger yet we still have the lights to do and we are hoping the re-map worked as its behaved itself at 3 different times now.

brenda have a lovely time with Margaret today.
Kazz thank you for the breeze. Much appreciated.
griff hope you are recovering well.
Sue cars a re fine till they go wrong, I hope your issues are easily sorted.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2023, 11:12 AM
Thanks Lynn. Just hope nothig utowards goes wrong between now and her catching the bus. Just heard again of another human losing its life to a dog attack. So sad.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2023, 11:15 AM
Good morning everyone

Hope you sister will soon be better Chris. Hugs to you and her

Pleased vauxhall is behaving Lynn and long may it continue.

Hope Margaret's list goes well Brenda

No school run today as the schools are on strike but there this afternoon to take them to get their hairs cut as Ben is "at university", meaning on line, today and unable to leave early to take them. It is only up the road so a quick walk. from theirs. Rest of the shopping done and stowed away. Washed some towels and they have dried nicely outside.

Take care everyone
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2023, 01:59 PM
So annoyed. A three year old car with less than £16,000 on the clock and it is going to cost me £264 to have the brake cables replaced. Worse still, after the 70 mile round trip this morning they haven't got the part in and wanted us to go fetch it and go back tomorrow. No flaming chance. We are keeping the hire car for another day and have told them they can have the headache of sorting out who was supposed to have it tomorrow
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

01-02-2023, 03:35 PM
Thanks Sue another trip to Kings Lynn and again it didn't miss a beat.
Gorden has gone to collect the Volvo.
Chris wow don't blame you for keeping the hire car an extra day. What a cheek asking you to pick up the part.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-02-2023, 10:32 PM
Chris
a 3 year old car from new should no way need new brake cables, seems to me the ones fitted were not fit for purpose. Maybe worth mentioning it when your at the garage .
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2023, 07:26 AM
I agree Barry. When I had a brand new car years ago I kept saying there was something wrong with the gears and yep they were faulty so had to be sorted out.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2023, 05:29 PM
Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
Chris
a 3 year old car from new should no way need new brake cables, seems to me the ones fitted were not fit for purpose. Maybe worth mentioning it when your at the garage .
We did Barry, but they weren't having any, BUT ..............

We remembered the MOT Test Cover we took out after the service last year. It was £25. Remembered it, pulled it out and the brake cables are covered. 5 'phone calls and many arguments today because at first they said they weren't covered so I quoted direct from their leaflet. Anyways, all sorted now and we pick up the car at 8.30 am tomorrow