View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 03:50 PM
I agree what Vicki, MichaelM, Trouble, etc., said. Well done for being kind enough enough to catch the dog. Please ignore the negative comments -- some people apparently can't help but scrutinize every aspect of a kind deed.

Although, perhaps as another one of those "black and white" young people with "no experience or knowledge of life", I'm not entitled to an opinion either!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Well done Lozzi..

I would've been out all hours..I would've even brought the neighbours, the family and if I could - the military out for any of mine.

Just a couple of points - I can see where everyone on the judgement side is coming from but also the bit about the dog being skinny - if she had a medical condition then surely a caring owner would mention this to the dog warden. I've seen plenty of posters for lost dogs saying things like "Dog has diabetes..etc" Surely if your dog was lost and had a medical condition you would mention it to the dog warden.

A point about the disabled person at home who they might have and might have needed to go out shopping for. I would've had one person stay at home regardless, to answer the phone or be there if the dog comes back. There is such a thing as online shopping also - fair enough some people might not have internet, but that is rare these days.

Anyway I didn't want to get into an argument - just wanted to balance it out a bit. I understand where both sides are coming from, but as Lozzi said - she saw the dog, the dog warden has also - the dog warden made the comments - so in all fairness the dog warden was the one that was being judgemental..
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 06:00 PM
Good on you for helping the dog, as said many would not have bothered x
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 06:21 PM
Lozzi - I think you are brilliant to have rescued the dog and the way in which you did it with such patience, care and love. Goodness knows what would have happened if you hadn't been around.

Will you be keeping in touch with Dog Warden about it?
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 07:29 PM
Well done Lozzi

You did a very good and very kind thing. Ignore the 2 bullies seemingly intent on being rude and aggressive for the sake of it, trying to bring you down, the rest of us think you are fantastic
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-03-2011, 07:29 PM
I say well done!!If my dog ever escaped and went missing I would be praying as I searched for him that some caring person like you would approach him and get him out of danger.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Well done Lozzi

You did a very good and very kind thing. Ignore the 2 bullies seemingly intent on being rude and aggressive for the sake of it, trying to bring you down, the rest of us think you are fantastic
im not being a bully!!! ..sad u think that of me actually im shocked!
... no point me trying to explain is there?.. ...
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 07:49 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
im not being a bully!!! ..sad u think that of me actually im shocked!
... no point me trying to explain is there?.. ...

But you are harassing a young girl when you are old enough to know better, that in my mind is being a bully.

No one knows the circumstances as to this dogs home life. Yet we all, as dog lovers, know that going shopping would be the last thing on our minds if our dogs were missing, I know when I lost mine I was rooted to the spot for the first hour and then I had the most frantic night of my life. So it does seem fair to assume that by their very actions they don't come across as the most caring of owners, am I right?

If the dog is skinny through illness then again it is fair to assume that this would have been made knowledge to the dog wardens, yet it wasn't, so again it points to a lack of care on the owners part.

What Lozzi did seems to be more than the dogs owners did, again fair to assume she cared more about their dog than they did, yes?

Taking into account the dog wardens own views, I think Lozzi was right in her assumptions as does everyone else apart from you and SB.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Oh well said there Pilgrim, I totally agree with you. Lozzi only showed the concern that any true dog lover would have done, which is more than can be said for the owners. I have seen a picture of this dog (hope that's ok to mention Lozzi) and for me, it's a disgrace for any respectable gsd owner to keep a dog in this state, and I'm a person who has had one with EPI where you cannot keep the weight on, but even she didn't look like a hat rack!

It will be interesting to hear if you get any feedback Lozzi from the dog warden, so please let us know won't you
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I seem to recall lozzibear is extremely young (21) therefore does not have the knowledge or experience to call upon before making judgements..................and when you are young, everything is either black or white.........
Sorry, but this did make me giggle At 20 I may be younger than you, but I wouldn't dream of saying anything so patronising towards a stranger on a public forum. Unless you know lozzibear in person, perhaps it would be sensible to not be so... Judgemental?

Anyway, well done to you Lozzi, and how fortunate that somebody was around who cared enough to catch the poor girl. I can't believe that people just carried on playing golf around you both Hopefully the owners did have a valid reason to not be out looking for their dog, but even if not, at least she won't have to sleep outside in the cold tonight.
Page 5 of 13 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Last »