Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
First, i brought this dog home... so she was able to be checked for a chip i thought Kaos wasnt checked for a chip coz he wasnt caught... same could be said for a collar, a dog should have a tag on but what use is a tag if you cant get close enough to see it?

Erm, where did i say she must have been beaten/mistreated coz she wouldnt come to a stranger?? i dont remember saying that, coz i certainly dont think it. Jake loves people, but in a situation like that i dont think he would want to go to people... she was scared, she was alone in an area she didnt know... most dogs would be scared, so i wouldnt assume she had been beaten coz of that. What did i say that made you say that??

Work is different, i even said to my mum that some people cant afford to not go to work... but this was shopping. I am sorry but shopping can wait!

People on here are always judgemental... people post about dogs being left tied outside a shop, and how wrong that is... but not looking for your dog who is missing is ok... ok, need time to get my head around that one.
i was talking about my dog(kaos) its very easy to make story's up add 2 and 2 and get 10!
we like to try and make sense of things...but as sb says everything is not black and white in this world
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Well the only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions

I cannot see what inhaling food has got to do with the price of fish?

My dogs are very well fed, they INHALE food, and of course the dog may have a metabolic disease which prevents it making good use of food WHATEVER it is fed and in WHATEVER quantity.

A thin dog can mean a LOT of things.

Hopefully you are never put in a similar position.............
It wasnt just the weight though, it was the lack of looking for their dog they did! The weight just adds to it.

I seem to recall lozzibear is extremely young (21) therefore does not have the knowledge or experience to call upon before making judgements..................and when you are young, everything is either black or white.........
Ha, bit the pot calling the kettle black there are we not? Arent you judging me based on my age, even those you do not know how mature i am for my age? You have no idea what my life experiences are, so why you get off telling me not to be judgemental but then do it to me...
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 12:53 PM
How do you KNOW they had not been looking for the dog?

How do you KNOW they do not have other more pressing problems?

Has it occurred to you that the owners may not have a car to go looking or choose when they shop (bus service etc)?

Why do jump to the conclusion that having a bed bound relative is slim? On what POSSIBLE grounds can you come to this conclusion????

Do you not know of anyone who has a handicapped child who requires 24/7 care? Who has an oldie with Alzheimers which means they can only escape on specific time slots etc?

This is exactly what I mean about being young, lucky you, that you have never been in this position or had a dog that was under veterinary care but looked as though it came out of Belsen because of a medical condition, some of us have, AND had to cope with attitudes such as YOURS!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 12:55 PM
If you had sufficient life experiences this would have prevented you from jumping to conclusions.

See my post above!

Hope you are never on jury duty!

I am not being judgemental, but stating FACTS. If you HAD experience of being housebound, sick relatives, ill dog, you would be a little more reserved in your judgement!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i was talking about my dog(kaos) its very easy to make story's up add 2 and 2 and get 10!
we like to try and make sense of things...but as sb says everything is not black and white in this world
I dont get the point you were trying to make then... that is irrelevant to this coz i didnt say anything about it...

If one of the things today happened, then i would just brush it off but with so many things, it does add up together... the dog warden thought the same, and we saw the dog... she also must be used to this kind of situation, get used to how people are etc.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I dont get the point you were trying to make then... that is irrelevant to this coz i didnt say anything about it...

If one of the things today happened, then i would just brush it off but with so many things, it does add up together... the dog warden thought the same, and we saw the dog... she also must be used to this kind of situation, get used to how people are etc.
the point is anyone can come to conclusions! doesnt mean its fact.

i too am used to the situation(as in strays,working with dog wardens,'thin' animals etc),you learn not to be judgemental til u know the facts
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 01:02 PM
I seem to remember your dog taking off in the park, crossing the road to get home.

I wonder what conclusions people jumped to then if they came across your dog speeding in front of their car etc?????

Stupid, uncaring owner, who cannot be bothered to train a dog? Fancy allowing it off the lead if it has no recall?

Putting other road users at risk of injury or worse because of their thoughtless, irresponsible behaviour?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 01:12 PM
How do you KNOW they had not been looking for the dog?

How do you KNOW they do not have other more pressing problems?

Has it occurred to you that the owners may not have a car to go looking or choose when they shop (bus service etc)?

Why do jump to the conclusion that having a bed bound relative is slim? On what POSSIBLE grounds can you come to this conclusion????

Do you not know of anyone who has a handicapped child who requires 24/7 care? Who has an oldie with Alzheimers which means they can only escape on specific time slots etc?

This is exactly what I mean about being young, lucky you, that you have never been in this position or had a dog that was under veterinary care but looked as though it came out of Belsen because of a medical condition, some of us have, AND had to cope with attitudes such as YOURS!
They told the dog warden they hadnt been looking! They were shopping, how pressing can that be! And when the dog warden said she was found, she told them they had to get home or pick her up at the kennels and pay a fee... they managed to get home for that! I know the area they live, and there are shops near them... yet they went to a different shopping centre... surely if it was a neccessity to shop, they wouldve stayed near the house. You dont need a car to go looking for your dog... they had no idea she had gone so far, she couldve been close to their house. I just to that conclusion coz i think it is slim, not impossible, but slim. Not a lot of people have a bed bound relative.

My dog lost a lot of weight while he had his allergies, but he was still in great condition and if he was missing i would be searching night and day for him. Like i have said, it isnt the weight alone, is it everything! What are the chances, that the dog has a medical condition that causes weight lose, and the couple have a bed bound relative??

If you had sufficient life experiences this would have prevented you from jumping to conclusions.

See my post above!

Hope you are never on jury duty!

I am not being judgemental, but stating FACTS. If you HAD experience of being housebound, sick relatives, ill dog, you would be a little more reserved in your judgement!
Dont try and tell me what life experiences i have. I have HAD experience of sick relatives and an ill dog, but i just judge things as i see them.
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 01:14 PM
I seem to remember your dog taking off in the park, crossing the road to get home.

I wonder what conclusions people jumped to then if they came across your dog speeding in front of their car etc?????

Stupid, uncaring owner, who cannot be bothered to train a dog? Fancy allowing it off the lead if it has no recall?

Putting other road users at risk of injury or worse because of their thoughtless, irresponsible behaviour?
Oh FSS, i live a 30 second walk from the park and it is a minor road he crossed, with few cars and the lead to few houses been checking up now have you what a sad life.
borderladysue
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Hi there i don't often answer but thought i would just add, If they are the uncaring, couldn't care less about the dogs welfare and health, type of owners, why report her missing to the dog warden, surely, they would not have bothered if they DID NOT care, and as said, not everything is black or white.

sue
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »