View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Just thought I would give this a quick update.

I havent yet brought in a behaviourist, i thought i would give it a few weeks of me stopping any attention either of them are getting when ripley growls.
When rip does growl or there is obvious tension i have been sending them both to their beds until i release them.
I have also put another bed down so they have a choice whether to be close together or not...they are still choosing to sleep next to one another.

I have also purposely avoided stroking or giving either of them attention when inside when they are hyped up.

So far so good, incidents of the behaviour are down to maybe once a day now..and even yesterday there were none at all.
I know its early days, but im pleased with the progress so far in a short time.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Well done, you have taken control & they are respecting your wishes.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Well done. I hope the progress continues for you.

For me, the relationship betsween my 2 bitches dissolved into a full blown fight and now they are separated permanently unless I am in the same room, right next to them so I can stop anything before it starts (well that's the idea anyway).

If Tashi needs to go out into the garden (she came off worse) I have to go with her. If I am with Tashi, Jenzi won't bother her when she's outside. But in the evening, for example, Jenzi wears her short lead/handle so I can grab her should she start playing up. It starts off with stares, posturing, tail straight up in the air etc. And it can stop within seconds for seemingly no reason. Having said that, they still play together and sleep together. Things have got better over the past few days (the fight was on Wednesday morning).

I am arranging for a behaviourist to come in during the next week or two so with a little hard work, I should be able to sort it.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-04-2011, 10:45 AM
How are things now the Basset is around? Has she caused any tension or has it settled?
Page 5 of 5 « First < 2 3 4 5