Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2020, 07:26 AM

Daily Thread, Monday 2nd March, 2020

Good morning everyone, trust you are all well and your four legged friends also. Have a good day wrap up warm and dry and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2020, 08:30 AM
Morning Moyra and al to follow.
Well what a calm day today, bit chilly but nice. Hope it's not the calm before another storm.
Gorden might be able to get on the cabin roof today without fear of getting blown over the fence onto the park.

Good luck with the blood test Moyra.
Sue hope son gets home ok.

Hoping everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2020, 09:21 AM
Good morning Moyra, Lynn and all who follow

Hope Gorden manages to get the roof repaired today Lynn

Another wet night but drying up now. Ben has about 40 mins until he lands in Lisbon then a 3 hour wait until his flight to London. It was a bit cheaper to do a 1 stop than fly direct and not much difference in time. Also he was able to spend extra time with the family.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2020, 09:45 AM
Good morning all

Bright and beautiful here.

Moyra - good luck with Count Dracula today. Hope it goes well.

Ah Sue, those extra, precious minutes with the kids are worth a 3 hour stop over. Hope he has a safe journey.

Poor Gorden. It's not two minutes since you put it up and now he has to repair it. These storms have certainly taken their toll.

The greenhouse door is still off here. Dave just hasn't been well enough to sort it. Hopefully soon though

Have a good 'un all xx
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2020, 01:09 PM
Hope the blood test is o.k Moyra
Lynn, fingers crossed Gorden can sort the roof
Sue, deffo worth the stop off to spend extra time with the children
Hope Dave is soon better Chris.
Surveyor is here, been here about 3 1/2 hours so far, at least it's sunny for them!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2020, 03:43 PM
Hope you get the door sorted soon Chris.

Roof sorted popped into town to change Joel's birthday money
into euros he is 18 on Sunday into euros he is off to Amsterdam later in the month with tia and friends.
We are over to Harlow Saturday evening for a meal, bu the car has sprung a leak looks like radiator hopefully a hose.
Gorden down local garage with it now, it is under warranty, but now we are one car it is a
bit worrying if you need it in an emergency especially with Dillon.
Fingers crossed it's just a hose and being fixed now.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2020, 03:51 PM
It's a catch 22 on having 2 cars or just one.

When my mum was ill, we bought a second car. Kept it for 6 years, but for its final 2 years it was stuck outside and rarely used. We often found a flat battery simply through lack of use so the second car often let us down as it wouldn't start.

We've only one car now, but, like you, it does get a bit worrying in respect of emergency situations.

As said, catch 22 with a no win solution unfortunately
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-03-2020, 04:16 PM
We haven't been a one car family for so long Chris it takes some getting use to.
Gorden has said if it needed to go in and be in for a while we would buy a cheap banger to keep us going.

It's nothing to big the middle section of the pipe underneath which draws the water to heat the back of the car has corroded.
So instead of going through the warranty which as the garage has said it's corrosion they probably won't cover anyway and they can take their time we will pay, also the proper Chrysler part which would mean the whole pipe and not getting back it back for Saturday a possibility plus warranty if were to pay out would insist on Chrysler part he is going to cut the section out then flush it all through and replace with a piece of pipe same size and as good quality all for under £100 and done by Saturday. Phew.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2020, 04:39 PM
That's a relief Lynn!! We are a 3 car family with one driver lol
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2020, 05:24 PM
I left in good time allowing for some trouble parking but it took me longer than it should have done and I had further to walk I got lost in the hospital but eventually got there. I came out the quick way I knew. Next time I will go by taxi the problem with parking it is just not worth the effort. One I got into the clinic it was very quick in and out. Not too much damage to my arm thankfully. Now wait for the results.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >