fred you sly old fox you.
but my dad swears by rum as well!
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-09-2005, 03:53 PM
Thanks guys

Unfortunately neither honey or cough syrup have worked

MC funnily enough about the only thing that calms it down is fizzy water! so your OH is right.

Inca that's what the doctor said.... but I only gave up a few days ago... is it that quick?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-09-2005, 03:56 PM
wait till you taste things.........but it is your lungs clearing out. normal but its good for you really!
Chow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2005, 11:11 PM
A wee drop of whiskey honey and lemon helps.
I have a cough every night.

Chow
Kady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2005, 12:35 PM
Hot toddy (my granny swears by it!) boiling water over a fresh lemon cut into 1/4's with a good spoon of honey & a generous slug of whisky!!

And her advice when we were small was to have hot lemonade?!! Warm up lemonade in a pan (I think it explodes in the microwave!! LOL) and sip it!

My Granny is 94 years old & apart from having had a stroke a few years back she is still going strong and living in her own house independently! So there must be something in her "old wives tales"

Kadyx
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-09-2005, 08:56 PM
The cough is almost gone.... I'm craving cigarettes but have managed to resist so far ....

Thanks guys for all your tips
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Hi T

I'm really happy you are still going for it

I think you stopped in the nick of time, judging by the way your body has expelled all the pollution from your lungs. Given the amount of pollution one has to deal with in London (apparently one trip on the northern line is the equivalent to smoking x amount of cigarettes )

Chewing gum is good to keep your mouth occupied - OH had loads of gum and it helped. But he would also say it is changing your associations - so changing your routine, so if you used to have a bagel and cigarette for breakfast then you would stop eating bagels and have something different - changing the association/memory/habit - if this makes any sense. Makes it easier apparently

Keep it up - it's worth it in the long run
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2