Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2013, 02:18 AM
Originally Posted by Baxter8 View Post
Baruska sounds gorgeous, what a wonderful intuitive dog - I love seeing a dog howl (obviously as long as they're not too stressed)
I am glad that Kye missed me and wants to be with me. His howl is low , but my neighbor would probably complain to animal control. Because of my fear of not wanting me or him to get in trouble , led me to take another big step forward. It gave me the courage to insist that he stays in the house, and it worked.Thank you for sharing your story with me, so I better understand why he was howling. I think the name Baruska is nice. We may not have the pleasure of meeting in the future , but your kind words remain dear to my heart. I live in Michigan ,that is in the United States, but it is close to Canada.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 04:38 AM
Well I just read all 12 pages, and I wanted to tell you that you are an amazing an patient person!

I too have had an extremely fearful and paranoid dog She was a puppy mill breeder dog, and the worst shut-down case I've ever seen! It literally took years for her to START to seem almost normal. She is now 11 and is living with my Mom in Ontario. We've had her for 9.5 years, and she still surprises us with new things she's suddenly not afraid of! LOL

Patience, routine and not forcing him, will go a long way.

Thank you for taking the [considerable] time and expense for him. You truly are an angel
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

05-06-2013, 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
Well I just read all 12 pages, and I wanted to tell you that you are an amazing an patient person!

I too have had an extremely fearful and paranoid dog She was a puppy mill breeder dog, and the worst shut-down case I've ever seen! It literally took years for her to START to seem almost normal. She is now 11 and is living with my Mom in Ontario. We've had her for 9.5 years, and she still surprises us with new things she's suddenly not afraid of! LOL

Patience, routine and not forcing him, will go a long way.

Thank you for taking the [considerable] time and expense for him. You truly are an angel
Thank you for taking the time to read all 12 pages of our ordeal. I have still many hoops to jump through with him. He still does not accept my Husband, just from a distance.Have to work on walking him with a leash. I have him staying in our walk out basement. So I would like to spend more time with him ,but he will not tolerate the TV on ,even with the sound off. So I sit and read a book to him out loud. May sound stupid , but he likes me reading to him. But the biggest battle of getting him into the house is over, what a blessing.You are right , you cannot use force , just have patience, baby steps. So many poor dogs in puppy mills, they should all be closed down. People greedy to make money with no reguard for the condition and treatments of the dogs.You had quite a challenge too, cheers to you also. Us angels have to stick together. You know it is not easy to be an angel.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2013, 07:48 PM
You are amazing! When you first posted I did wonder whether this dog would ever respond to your efforts, and whether you would be forced to give up on him for one reason or another.

Once again I applaud you wholeheartedly and now feel sure that tiny bit by tiny bit you will make even more progress. What a bond you two will develop.

Someone could make a film of this you know
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

05-06-2013, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Would make a great film in my opinon
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2013, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Oddly enough, when I imagine Morningglory, I think of the lovely lady in the woods, in the film Thomasina. All the wild animals came to her to be taken care of when they were poorly. She just had a way with animals as MG has.
egroeg
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-06-2013, 10:52 PM
Hi MG (hope you don't mind me abbreviating your long name )

I have just taken out a new pack of Scalibor collars for our dogs and noticed they are supposed to be effective against ticks, sandflies and MOSQUITOES.

This brand is popular in mainland Europe. I wondered if it was available in North America so I Googled it. The brand appears to be available but it says nothing about mosquitoes. Very odd?

Too tired to look into active ingredients etc this evening. Will have look tomorrow, even if only to satisfy my own curiosity.

I know there are a few board members living on the European continent who may be able to offer advice about how effective they are. We don't get that many mozzies in the UK.

If the European and USA ingredients are different, perhaps you could consult your nice lady vet and if she thinks it's ok, I'll gladly post one to you.

I know you have tried several mozzie repellents but, as you already know, everyone here thinks of you so often and anything we can do to help, blah, blah...........

Nicky
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2013, 01:15 AM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
You are amazing! When you first posted I did wonder whether this dog would ever respond to your efforts, and whether you would be forced to give up on him for one reason or another.

Once again I applaud you wholeheartedly and now feel sure that tiny bit by tiny bit you will make even more progress. What a bond you two will develop.

Hello Bitkin, You know I had many doubts about ever having this dog confined in the yard ,and I never dreamed I was going to get him to sleep in the house all night. Many times I would lay in bed and just say ,Lord, why did you send me this dog that I don't know how to train or deal with. I think because of my Nasty neighbor who just wants to cause trouble for me , gave me the incentive to be determined to get him to do what I need to do for him so I do not loose him. Meaning the Animal Control could come out and trap him and take him away from me. I know if he tested positive for heartworm he would probably be put down. He deserves a chance to have a good life after all he has been through to survive. Tiny bits at a time is for sure.Thanks for your concern , and response.
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2013, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by egroeg View Post
Hi MG (hope you don't mind me abbreviating your long name )

I have just taken out a new pack of Scalibor collars for our dogs and noticed they are supposed to be effective against ticks, sandflies and MOSQUITOES.

This brand is popular in mainland Europe. I wondered if it was available in North America so I Googled it. The brand appears to be available but it says nothing about mosquitoes. Very odd?

Too tired to look into active ingredients etc this evening. Will have look tomorrow, even if only to satisfy my own curiosity.

I know there are a few board members living on the European continent who may be able to offer advice about how effective they are. We don't get that many mozzies in the UK.

If the European and USA ingredients are different, perhaps you could consult your nice lady vet and if she thinks it's ok, I'll gladly post one to you.

I know you have tried several mozzie repellents but, as you already know, everyone here thinks of you so often and anything we can do to help, blah, blah...........

Nicky
Hi Nicky, I am having my Vet out to check on Kye Sunday, and I will ask her about the Collar.This is very nice of you to tell me about this collar. He just had another dosage of Panacur , it is for hook worm. I was told by the Vet that he will need 2 dosage, each 30 days apart. The Hookworm tends to make babies and they develop one month later.This worm attaches to the intestines. So he would eat alot of food but not gain that much weight.When I first got Kye he was at the most 40 lbs. He is now 64 lbs..His Mama feeds him 3 times a day.Thanks ,and I will get back to you on the collar information.
morningglory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

07-06-2013, 01:54 AM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
This is to Bitkin , Egroeg and Losos, I thank all of you for wanting to make this story of my experience into a movie. You know , I kind of wish I kept a daily log on this whole experience. It is not done , I had another great experience with Kye today.As you all know, I have Kye stay in the lower level , walkout basement at night . He also comes in and eats and takes a nap now and then. Well Kye does not know how to go up stairs.When he and my little guy name Manny go out in the morning to do their duty ,I leave the door open for them to come in as they please. I go upstairs and clean their bowls, and get them fresh water and food.In the middle of the day I was cooking hamburger and rice for Kye because he had loose stool, due to his hookworm medication. All of the sudden I started to hear all this loud thumping sounds, and Kye was trying to go up the steps to be by me. He made it up to the top step, paused and stood there staring at me with a look like help , should I continue.I told him , come on good boy, and he made it up . Now he was looking at everything with caution. He got startled by the noise of the hamburger frying. Sniffing everything he could set his eyes on. The he tried to make it back down the stairs to the lower level. That was funny, he hesitated , and tried many positions trying to figure out how he can go back down the steps. He did it , and looked proud of himself. He then was so thrilled that he could do that , that he started going up and down the steps about 4 to 5 times.Well that is my story today I will keep all posted on anymore experiences. This is great to share with all you kind concerning souls.Take Care!
Page 12 of 21 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 > Last »