View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm officially very jealous (but only because i'm sorely craving my own place again!).

Looks fantastic, such a great location and a wonderful big house.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2012, 06:17 PM
Oh WOW, what a fantastic location, you're gonna be in absolute heaven there, I know I would! I'm loving that barn, looks like they're converting that, it's going to be fab, all of it, I hope you're very happy there and I hope you get your horse too
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
Looks amazing!!!!! Lucky you
Thank you!

Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
Looks fantastic!

How odd, though, that there are so few windows at the front. Is there a particular reason for this?

I've no idea, OH thinks it might be something to do with the way the wind comes in the majority of the time and OH's Mum thinks it's because back in the day, the more windows houses had, the more tax the estate had to pay, so I've absolutely no idea!!

Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
Just showed hubby your piccies and he asked whether they are turning the barn into houses? It looks as though they have put new lintels in?
As far as I know all they are doing is concreting the barn floors and we are using them to store OH's vehicles and work related paraphenalia! (sp?)! What's a lintel?

The barn to the left is going to be for the quad bike, argocat and just needs concreting, the barn straight to the front needs the old 2nd level taken out as it's collapsed, then I think they may be making a bigger doorway, so that the grouse tractor can live in it!

Originally Posted by Leanne_W View Post
I'm officially very jealous (but only because i'm sorely craving my own place again!).

Looks fantastic, such a great location and a wonderful big house.
Thank you! I'm more excited about all the outside space we have up there! I get to have a nice garden, veggie patch, oodles of room for the dogs to run!

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh WOW, what a fantastic location, you're gonna be in absolute heaven there, I know I would! I'm loving that barn, looks like they're converting that, it's going to be fab, all of it, I hope you're very happy there and I hope you get your horse too
I've got my fingers crossed for a horse, even if it is just borrowed from work! As I said to Kirsty, as far as I am aware, all the barns are just being concreted out, as they are full of mud and old hay at the moment!!

I am going to be posting for gardening and veggie advice from everyone because I've not got a scooby-doo how to do anything!!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Wow looks stunning - congrats!
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2012, 04:16 PM
Stunning, looks like you will have room for me too, my cases are packed
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-01-2012, 04:50 PM
Wonderful views! Looks great and I too love all the out buildings.
I'm jealous, OH and I are in the process of buying our first house, an average 3 bed in a built up area, when really I want to be somewhere like that, with space and countryside! But hey gotta start somewhere, this will hopefully enable us to one day have a country home
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2012, 05:21 PM
The first house we lived in when we moved back down here was on top of a hill and it was freeeezing! Lots of draughts though. Still lots of draughts in this house (they weren't allowed to replace the front windows as it's listed), but we are at the bottom of a valley, so not so much wind.

That really is the beauty of having an OH who works on an estate - you get a nice, rural house, with all the work done for you lol.

Helen
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2012, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Helen View Post
The first house we lived in when we moved back down here was on top of a hill and it was freeeezing! Lots of draughts though. Still lots of draughts in this house (they weren't allowed to replace the front windows as it's listed), but we are at the bottom of a valley, so not so much wind.

That really is the beauty of having an OH who works on an estate - you get a nice, rural house, with all the work done for you lol.

Helen
Absolutely!!
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-01-2012, 08:53 PM
Everyone keeps winding me up about the weather up at my new house

I just want to get moved now, but there's no telling when they'll be finishing it! The estate have had to get in outside folk to do the outside work as the estate builders aren't the most efficient! The concrete pad for the kennels went down on Friday and that's the last I've heard so far! I know the inside is almost done, they have some guttering to go up on the front porch and the porch is needing painted and we need to sort out carpets and it's done!

Luckily the headkeeper has been kicking some butt which is why everything is moving so swiftly now!

I still don't know if I should start packing though, I've got my mum and sisters up the 2nd week of feb, and want them to have beds to sleep in and I don't know what else I could possibly need!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-01-2012, 02:14 AM
Masham??? I keep forgetting you live in NY now!

Looks like a lovely pad, best of luck with it.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >