View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Fantastic voice, fantastic talent, was listening to Tony Bennett on the radio talking about her only this morning (prior to news) and saying how wonderful she was.

I hope she is at peace now.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Was gutted to hear this news, I know she had her issues with drugs but she was an amazing singer/performer and no-one deserves to die at the age of 27.

I think regardless of what people think of her and her lifestyle you still have to remember that she had friends and family who loved her dearly despite her troubles and my thoughts are with those people this evening.

RIP Amy, you were a music legend and you're music will always remain in my playlist.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 07:35 PM
Oh gosh! Thats quite sad
lisa01uk87
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
Was gutted to hear this news, I know she had her issues with drugs but she was an amazing singer/performer and no-one deserves to die at the age of 27.

I think regardless of what people think of her and her lifestyle you still have to remember that she had friends and family who loved her dearly despite her troubles and my thoughts are with those people this evening.

RIP Amy, you were a music legend and you're music will always remain in my playlist.
very well said. R.I.P amy x x x
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 11:56 PM
I thought this was expected, but I was still shocked to hear it... She had her problems but I still find it so sad I read a report saying she apparently took a cocktail of drugs, including heroin, cocaine, ecstasy and ketamin... so sad. The same report also said her dad had just landed in the US and is flying right back... I so feel for him, they always seem to have such a close bond, and the quote from him was so sad...

RIP Amy xx
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
I thought this was expected, but I was still shocked to hear it... She had her problems but I still find it so sad I read a report saying she apparently took a cocktail of drugs, including heroin, cocaine, ecstasy and ketamin... so sad. The same report also said her dad had just landed in the US and is flying right back... I so feel for him, they always seem to have such a close bond, and the quote from him was so sad...

RIP Amy xx
I wasn't sure whether it was an accidental overdose or whether she intended to take her own life. Either way it's very sad but anyone who was interested or liked her
knew it was just a matter of time before something like this happened. I understand where Hevvur is coming from but some people sadly have issues which they just can't handle or control. She is at peace now but I feel for her family, although from quotes I think they have been watching her killing herself slowly for a few years. RIP Amy.x
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 02:06 AM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post

Perfectly said.

It's such a loss. She was one of the most soulful singers around, just so incredibly sad that no one could help her.
Kerriebaby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 06:05 AM
I feel sorry for her parents, and her friends etc. Inevitable tho wasnt it.
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 06:09 AM
RIP Amy, a shock to hear but not unexpected.

My thoughts are with her parents who have gone through so much watching her slowly destroy herself.
NCA1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-07-2011, 08:32 AM
She had her problems but of course she didn't deserve to die- she obviously found it so hard to cope with life (self harm, drugs, alcohol, bulimia- not just one of them, but all?) i hope she's at peace now.

For some reason it did shock me... i just didn't expect it to happen- not now, anyway. But she'd been on a downhill spiral for far too long for it not to, i guess.

I feel sorry for her family- and Dionne Bromfield, her 15 year old god daughter who she was close to & working with musically... she actually performed at a festival 10 minutes away from me yesterday despite finding out about it, because Amy loved to see her perform.

So sad.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >