Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
If what your saying is true Dawn, they don't sound like a reputable rescue, I'll ask again will you pm me the details of the rescue you mentioned earlier and this one so I can hear their side to the story. If you want to slate rescues Dawn start another thread, this is about whether breeders should carryout the same checks as reputable rescues, not individual cases. Just out of interest would you be just as surprised and appalled if this happened with a breeder's pup that went onto have pups? Reputable rescues would be horrified to find out one of their bitches had pups and would soon put measures in place, imo it should be the same for reputable breeders.
Anne I have given you all the details you need by pm to know which rescue I got the Lurcher from, if you are as "up in" rescue as you claim to be you will have no difficulty proving for yourself everything I have told you is 100% correct. In fact if you know the rescues on that site, you only need ask the ones functioning in the area I told you about. I got the dog over a year ago now, he lives with my friend.

This is the dog.

The rescue with the Staff was a well known national dogs home, scar tissue was not visible I have seen the bitch, why cant bitches be scanned to see if they have been spayed when it is unclear? Uninvasive, relatively cheap and proof? Sounds like a good idea to me.
Dawn.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 05:33 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Why do you get that feeling?
The majority of Good Reputable Breeders get it right
Believe me they don't Obviously if reputable breeders carried out these checks and enforced the adoption conditions then yes maybe most reputable breeders would get it right. I can't understand why they wouldn't if they have their dogs' best interests at heart?
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 05:37 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Anne I have given you all the details you need by pm to know which rescue I got the Lurcher from, if you are as "up in" rescue as you claim to be you will have no difficulty proving for yourself everything I have told you is 100% correct. In fact if you know the rescues on that site, you only need ask the ones functioning in the area I told you about. I got the dog over a year ago now, he lives with my friend.
I honestly do not know who you are talking about if these are true stories then you would, I'm sure, happily supply the names

Why would the photo mean anything to me??
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 05:40 PM
Then you are not as up in rescue as I thought you were, not to worry.

The dog was advertised by said rescue on said site.
Dawn.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 05:41 PM
Anne I have given you all the details you need by pm to know which rescue I got the Lurcher from, if you are as "up in" rescue as you claim to be
oooo getting personal now! please point out where I have claimed to be ''up in rescue''
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 05:43 PM
The dog was advertised by said rescue on said site.
Dawn.
Do you know how many rescues use that site
I will not speculate, if what your saying is true, which I'm beginning to sencirely doubt, why did you not provide their details by pm? I would have thought, reading some of your posts, that if this were true you'd be shouting it from the roof-tops
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 05:45 PM
Originally Posted by AnneUK View Post
Believe me they don't Obviously if breeders carried out checks and enforced the adoption conditions then yes maybe most reputable breeders would get it right. I can't understand why they wouldn't if they have their dogs' best interests at heart?
I know how you feel about breeders,and we will have to agree to disagree on this one,Reputable Breeders recommended by Breed Clubs do the majority of the time get it right,they will do everything in there power to make sure there puppy goes to the right home.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 05:46 PM
Dont be silly Anne, its just a comment as per your posts which are mostly to do with rescue, I assumed (obviously wrongly) that you were well into it and it was a serious part of your life? apologies for getting it so wrong.
Dawn.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Dont be silly Anne, its just a comment as per your posts which are mostly to do with rescue, I assumed (obviously wrongly) that you were well into it and it was a serious part of your life? apologies for getting it so wrong.
Dawn.
I'm not going to lower myself by biting the bait

Back on topic; Should reputable breeders carryout the same checks as reputable rescues ?

Does anyone know of a breeder that does?
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-06-2007, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
I know how you feel about breeders,and we will have to agree to disagree on this one,Reputable Breeders recommended by Breed Clubs do the majority of the time get it right,they will do everything in there power to make sure there puppy goes to the right home.
And do you honestly think they will take back any one of their dogs at any point in his/her life regardless of illness or behaviour problems. In my experience sadly they don't.

If they wanted to do everything in their power, surely they would want to do follow up checks to see their dogs in their new homes?
Page 14 of 33 « First < 4 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 24 > Last »