Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shay_d
New Member!
Male 

03-09-2007, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
First one, no such thing.
Second one. a type of dog rather than a breed, although bred for many generations, often used as a guise for Pit Bulls, which they look nothing like!
sorry your wrong, check out http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/irishsta...irebullterrier.
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 07:53 AM
Originally Posted by Deccy View Post
I have no views about breeds or types not recognised by the National Kennel club in any Country, IMO if someone wants a dog with a name that is not recognised by their national kennel club then that is entirely their choice and I respect that. However, I do feel uncomfortable at a breed or type including a Country's name in the description implying that they are recognised in that Country. The Irish Kennel Club does not recognise these descriptions/breed names and I would not like to think that the less scrupulous breeders were selling them as such, as that is misrepresentation.
Hi Deccy,
that's interesting
Originally Posted by sky_high_bluest View Post
IRISH BULL TERRIER? IRISH STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER?

Just a short thread question! as the owner of the above breed I would like the opinions of all dog owners no matter what breed or type they own, as to what is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of the above names?
I'm from Australia and show bull terriers or as some people like to give them their full name English Bull Terriers not Irish and the same goes for the Staffordshire Bull Terrier when anyone talks about the Irish staffie then to us over here they are talking about pit bulls or people who have no idea on the breed of dog they have gotten just what some bloody fool has told them. I don't know what your point is
China
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by shay_d View Post
sorry your wrong, check out http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/irishsta...irebullterrier.
GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!just because some fool has decided to call a dog a Irish bull terrier doesn't mean its right
I'm changing my breed's name I no longer have English Bull Terriers they are now Aussie Bull Terriers.
So No she isn't wrong
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by China View Post
GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!just because some fool has decided to call a dog a Irish bull terrier doesn't mean its right
I'm changing my breed's name I no longer have English Bull Terriers they are now Aussie Bull Terriers.
So No she isn't wrong
I have to agree with you on this one also
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-09-2007, 08:34 AM
who said it was made up? it's time some of you people realised you don't know everything about dogs!
http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/irishsta...ullterrier.htm
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-09-2007, 08:36 AM
some people will never admit when theyir wrong! we call these people "know it alls"
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Originally Posted by kristian View Post
some people will never admit when theyir wrong! we call these people "know it alls"
Excuse me, everyone is entittled to there own opinion, and not everyone throws a wobbly when there opinion isnt excepted by someone else
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-09-2007, 08:53 AM
yes but it's a fact not an opinion " believe it" as i said earlier some people think they know everything! and before you give any stupid comments i am not a person who claims to know everthing i just know a bit about this breed after studying it for a while. have a nice life!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-09-2007, 08:55 AM
With all due respect just because someone has put a picture of a dog and called it an Irish Staff means nothing. The website you are quoting has every poodle cross listed as a 'breed' they aren't either.
Otherwise I'm going to say that this dog is a Boxack

and it must be true because it's on the internet!
Becky
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-09-2007, 09:30 AM
mmmmm lets see if they've got a book on that breed to? i think not! seems someone must have made this up too?
http://www.sbtfun.com/Shop_Books_English_Irish_SBT.html
Page 7 of 12 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »