Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2007, 11:32 PM

Not For Competition?

Just wondering about the rules for this one?

Does the dog deemed not for competition have to be included on an entry form with dogs that are? Or could you simply fill out a form with a dog that's purely not for competiton?

Wow, that's as clear as mud ain't it?

Thanks for your patience!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Not sure about that one, I always thought NFC was so you could take your dog into the confines of the show, as in the benching area, so's not to leave your dog in the car in hot weather.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2007, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
Not sure about that one, I always thought NFC was so you could take your dog into the confines of the show, as in the benching area, so's not to leave your dog in the car in hot weather.
No the rules aren't all that clear are they? I can't find anything saying you can enter NFC solely, or anything saying you can?

I think you probably would have to have dogs already entered to be eligible for NFC, but just wondered!
leospride
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2007, 12:39 AM
Found one schedule with NFC info

Not For Competition: Societies at their discretion accept NFC entries. Societies may accept such entries from breeds of dogs not included within the title of the society and at shows held over at more than one day, such entries may be accepted on any day and from any breed.
Also shows which do not have unentered dog tents allow the dogs to be benched alongside their breed.

I remember someone taking their dog NFC to working and pastoral, no other dog entered, so it seems it is possible.
Best thing to do is contact the show secretary and double check.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Hi Emma,
Any dog thats not entered into a show that you want to take along has to be entered NFC that means you get an enter and exit pass for them. If its a Champ show its a must for open shows I dont bother to be honest.
To enter it you just need its name and breed if its a cs you then get a bench allocated next to your entered dog. Hope this helps
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 01:01 AM
Usually NFC dogs are just entered on the same form as those that are entered, or entered on their own, if you are not showing any other dog.

At champ level, you need to really because you will need a pass to exit etc as Jacqui said, but most people don't bother at Open/Limit shows and take theirs along (sneak them in.... lol). It's unlikely you will be asked to prove which dog is entered, or asked by anyone at all really.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2007, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Usually NFC dogs are just entered on the same form as those that are entered, or entered on their own, if you are not showing any other dog.

At champ level, you need to really because you will need a pass to exit etc as Jacqui said, but most people don't bother at Open/Limit shows and take theirs along (sneak them in.... lol). It's unlikely you will be asked to prove which dog is entered, or asked by anyone at all really.
Hush we didnt say that if the KC's listening....really Ive never bother at open shows no one checks you in and out
basi
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2007, 08:39 AM
I have entered a dog NFC at champ shows when I have had no other dogs entered so you can do it. You just fill out the form as if you would for entering only putting NFC in the class section.
kaz'schow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2007, 11:37 AM
I've entered my to NFC for this weekends SKS show in ingleston, I've got nothing showing, no hassle entering, the SKC gave me a group mumber to put next to there names etc, and tickets/ exit cards came a couple of weeks later. Cost £7/ dog I think.
Chow
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2007, 12:18 PM
Just wondering is it possible to take a 57 to a champshow
NFC.
Also can you just put a pet name down as the dogs name.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >