Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-04-2011, 06:27 PM

Louie's training..

Well today we did some hide the dummy games, after his 5 holds, he didn't pick up the scent well but I hid them high (on a wall - that he can reach the top) but the wind was in his favour. He did that a few times then Benjie was let out so he was distracted - brilliant work on my OH's part there..

Just now we have just got in from a walk, I took my bag of treats, longline and dummy as well as other things. He was retrieving well and a few times put the dummy back in my bag - well it's not to me but it must mean he's a tidy pup Maybe it would be more interesting than the usual sit in front of me thing? I dunno - but anyway.. A couple of crows flew over just as I had placed him in a stay and was about to hide the dummy - he likes that game the most. They flew in the opposite direction, I said "You leave, focus" and he took another look and stayed exactly where I put him *remembers that there is a false sense of security*

However he didn't stay when an EBT came onto the park, luckily he and her are friends and I didn't need to worry, I did shout over before he bolted to see if she was the friendly one (theres a nasty one who looks spitting image) so I knew he wasn't in any danger.

Still need to work on his walking though. But all in all a good day