View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-04-2011, 04:10 PM
When Merlin was a puppy he had a blue plastic feeding bowl, which he often took out into the garden when it was empty. One day I watched him bring it in from the garden, put it on the porch floor, stand over it and deliver a completely accurate wee into it!

I stood there gobsmacked, not believing what I'd just seen...
Val H
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2011, 10:49 PM
No idea why she peed in the food bowl, but I had a friend who had multi-dog household. Every morning the oldest male dog would pee in the water bowl - just once. She would freshen the water and he didn't repeat it until the next morning. He died, and the younger male starting peeing in the bowl instead - same pattern, just the once each morning.

Wouldn't it be great if we could understand what caused some of these 'odd' behaviours.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by Val H View Post

Wouldn't it be great if we could understand what caused some of these 'odd' behaviours.
Absolutely! There is obviously a reason behind why whichever one did it but I guess I'll never find out what that is! I'm now making sure I pick their bowls up as soon as they have finished (and all licked each other's bowls out as well - do they really think they are going to find some food or are they just checking they all got the same?)!
Jfk
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-04-2011, 07:48 PM
My 4 year old castrated male has had two stints of doing this. First time we just thought he was being naughty as he was about 18 months. After the last session we know it was stress. He was peeing up the front door, on my bitches bedding, in the feed bowls and worst of all in our beds. The house had been under stress as my nan had four suicide attemps close together and it was only when he was caught in the act that we realised he was doing it when someone in the house was on the phone to her. I can only guess he could sense the stress. Since she has been better he hasn't peed indoors once. Were you stressed when your older girl was poorly? Maybe if so, understandingly, that could be a factor.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2011, 12:45 PM
sorry but I laughed too couldnt help it

Could be a number of reasons I s'pose.

Loui wasnt right once, couldnt get him out of bed and then I thought later on; that dogs lasted an awful long time - then I went to clean the cat litter tray and he had pee'd in there and gone back to bed. The next day his paw was like a balloon! I took him to the vet and he just got anti-inflamatory for the mystery paw problem and it went down and he was fine after that (could have been insect?)
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2