Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post

It looks really uncomfortable and comes across her mouth. The pictures of dogmatics people have posted look much better fitting.

I did ring them to say it was a tight fit and was told to take her for a walk in it to see if it rubbed.

(And I checked the measurements with them before ordering)
It doesn't look like it's a good fit, you're right. I would imagine one bigger around the muzzle but the same size/possibly smaller around the neck would perhaps offer a better fit.
What size did you order? I found the sizing chart to be laid out a little awkward to compare but if it helps to view the measurements seperately, here's how the 3, 3L, 4 and 4L compare. So if you had a 3L for example, I would maybe try the 4L - the neck strap will be practically the same size but you have an extra few inches on the nose strap which would hopefully let it side a bit higher up the muzzle. With Kiki, going from the 3 to the 4 solved the issue of it being tight around the underside of the muzzle, where it sits against the neck, so I think a size jump (rather than going from 3 to 3L, or 4 to 4L) may be better for Tala.
(these are the leather ones, btw)
3 NOSE 10-11”
3L NOSE 11-12”
4 NOSE 13-15”
4L NOSE 14-16”

3 NECK 16-23”
3L NECK 21-28”
4 NECK 18-26”
4L NECK 21-27”
nddogs
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-01-2011, 11:55 AM
This is Tala in her halti

and in her dogmatic

It looks really uncomfortable and comes across her mouth. The pictures of dogmatics people have posted look much better fitting.

I did ring them to say it was a tight fit and was told to take her for a walk in it to see if it rubbed.

If I were you I'd get a bigger one then punch extra holes so the neck part could be done up tighter.

hth
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 12:42 PM
TALASSIE - is that a leather dogmatic on your dog? Just ask because I tried the leather one and also thought it looked very uncomfortable on Dexter. Now I use the cushioned and padded one - seems a far better fit.

AVANI - I used a Canny Collar on and off for six months with Dex. I totally agree with you - the slipline is far too easy for the dog to remove and also while the CC is good and does help, it doesn't stop really big, agile dogs from lunging and leaping. If my experience is anything to go by, you'll really feel the difference with a Dogmatic
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 03:16 PM
Thanks for your help everyone.

I can understand the sizing better now. It is a size 3 leather one so maybe size 4 would fit. The synthetic leather is discontinued. Is the cushioned webbing quite soft and easy to fit in a pocket. I tend to carry the halti with me in case it is needed but don't always put it on cos I know Tala would prefer not to wear it
Avani
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-01-2011, 03:20 PM
I rang them up 2 days ago, Synthetic is discontinued but they still have all colours in size 4 left
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Originally Posted by Avani View Post
I have decided on one of these for Dougie, as its apparently impossible for the dog to remove.
I love my dogmatic, but they are def not impossible to get off!

Teagan can get hers off either with her paws, or rolling on the floor and rubbing her face on the ground!

But I do connect it to her collar using a carabiner - which can't be undone by her, so is quite safe!
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-01-2011, 04:15 PM
The synthetic leather Dogmatic is still available from various online dog stores/pet stores etc. I've just ordered one, in fact.

Yes - the padded, cushioned ones are very easy to just slip in a pocket, they look really flimsy, I was surprised that it actually worked as well as it does.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-01-2011, 05:09 PM
This is Tala in her halti

and in her dogmatic

Thats far to small for her, size 3 is what I use on Millie, I would guess a 4 , or 3L, would be a better fit.
kirsty_
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 10:52 AM
Does anyone use one on a male GSD or similar size if so which size would be best? and would he still be able to carry his ball??
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Off the top of my head, Casper's is a 3L. He can still hold things in his mouth fine. Got some photos uploaded somewhere but I'm posting from my phone, I'll find them later
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >