Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2006, 07:19 PM

Chloe did Well today!! (AV class)

Just thought i'd let you guys know that Chloe did well again today

Meg didn't get placed in either of her 2 classes She did everything perfectly but she does have a lot of growing to do (she's very slight - needs to fill out) so we're going to give her a break til the summer and do some obedience with her instead - she's going along to flyball with Riley tomrorow too

But Chloe won one of her classes!!! It was an AV class and she was against pointers and setters which we've never even got placed against before (lanbs aren;t exactly elegant!!lol) but the judge placed Chloe first She was SOOOO happy - Definately knew she'd won!!!

We're just entering her for her one and only Champ show - we'll see how she goes there before deciding whether to try any more or not, but we've got several open shows lined up and she loves doing those

Anyway, i'll stop going on now - Im just so shocked at how well Chloe's doing lol!!
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2006, 07:33 PM
Well done, if she is winning at open shows in breed classes I would expect her to do well at Championship shows as well, may be not winning her classes but being placed and that in a breed like yours is an achevement in it's self. The main thing is that you and the dog enjoy yourselves win or no win, and Champ shows are more comfortable than open shows and there are loads of stalls to spend your money on.
Kath
Sadly Missed
Female 

05-02-2006, 07:46 PM
How great for you, I envy you but my showing days are now over - no dog and sadly not likely to have any more, but it's a great feeling. One of my dobes always knew if he had won the class, looked behind him at the other dogs then jumped up and kissed me, used to be a real hang-dog if he wasn't at the top end of the line up. Well done and may there be many more Red Cards for you both. Kath
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2006, 08:09 PM
Wooo hooo well done Chloe! You must be so proud of her! xx
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Well done Jessica and Chloe
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2006, 09:02 PM
That's great news, well done!

She was SOOOO happy - Definately knew she'd won!!!
I'm sure she did! Polo is not as intelligent and used to hop around with excitement when he got the VHC - the end of the line alright, but the WRONG end
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Great news, well done. Go for the champ show, have a great time and ENJOY it!
Dawn.
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-02-2006, 09:24 PM
Thanks everyone!! I was a bit reluctant to try the champ show as it is so competitive and im really just enjoying doing it for fun but my mum said to try one and see how she goes. Theres not many classes she can do as she's completely new to it but she's old, so we dont want to put her in open against all the champions!lol So i think post grad or soemthing like that is about it?? In a year or so she can do veteran though which will be fun as she does look good for her age But to be honest, she'd an old girl, we're not planning to have any more puppies from her so we just do it for fun so whether she does well or not its not the point for her! I'll have to get my mum to video it next time so i can show you guys - Every judge has commented on how happy she looks going round! She literally grins and her tail wags so much!! Its so nice to see after all thats gone wrong for poor Chloe!

And she loves getting rosettes - she carried them aorund really proudly!! And yes... meg thought she did well when she got VHC - She seemed convinced she was at the front of the line
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 07:09 AM
Well done Chloe - a champion in the making
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-02-2006, 08:21 AM
Jessica, from what you say your bitch is about 5 years old, that is not old for a late developing breed and putting her in Post Grad would be fine, you could also try Special Beginners, Novice or any other of the classes she is not over qualified for. If the judge asks her age just say she is 5 I have just started showing her. You can't hold a conversation with the judge but there is no problem to say why a bitch of 5years is still in the lower classes it helps the judge who may otherwise like the exhibit but be wondering why she is still in novice.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >