Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mickymouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-12-2005, 11:10 AM
hi
I read your article and never dream that many animals were produced in on day.
I went to the RSPCA yesterday and there were 3 runs fun of rabbits that had just been brought and they were all babies and then there were loads of other runs with other rabbits wanting homes, I was quite surprised.
I am going to take your advice and have both my rabbit neutured and put together and if i can i will get a few more bunnies from the RSPCA a give them a good home with me and most importantly I am going to advice people I know breeding bunnies against it.
Thank you very much I am now a re homer not a breeder.
mickymouse
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-12-2005, 08:36 PM
the vet said she had a phantom very disappointed but glad Bambi is well
mad lil lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-01-2006, 10:33 AM
i got a baby dwarf rabbit not long ago and he is so cute i cant keep away from him

and even though he has grown to his full size he is so small and gorgeous and can fit on the palm of my hand hes my lil baby

my other rabbit though has become very defensive since we got our dwarf and wont let me or anyone else near her!!! she must be evry upset and mad with us

but i have decided i am going to have some quality time with her so as to ake her happy again and then maybe she will let me handle her again!!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-01-2006, 06:17 PM
my daughter had a dwarf rabbit , her name was cho cho we had her for 18 months and she was adorable my daughter use to cuddle her and she would come when you called her , but she died a week before x mas , so i new she would be deversated so i went to pet city before she came home from school [ shes only 5 ] and came home with another dwaf bunnie to soften the blow for her , big mistake we had her 3 days and she got sick i took her to the vets [ inside pet city store ] she was there for 2 days when the vet called to say she to had died . so my poor daughter had two bunnies die in a week , now she wants another !!! but i think not any how dwarf bunnies are the cutist i have ever seen
mad lil lady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-01-2006, 12:21 PM
yea so do i they are jus so small and cute

i will always luv my rabbit and hopefully he will live a long and happy life with me

as for my other rabbit well she is now allowing me to handle her so YAY

shes my friend again but she has already showed me that she isnt going to have any more noncence because when i was tryin to play with her she bit me then turned her back on me!!!!
Fluffybunny
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-01-2006, 11:10 PM
Sounds to me that your female rabbit is frustrated and upset by the presence of the male bunny - her hormones will be flying and she can smell a male around - it's bound to make her go a bit loopy! I'd suggest taking them both to the vets and getting them neutered, then they could live happily together without the risk of more babies to add to the 33,000 taken to rescues each year You do have to introduce them carefully but bunnies are social creatures and once they have sorted out their hierachy (which is why you have to be careful at introductions), they generally live very happily together. Neutering females has the added benefits that it calms them down no end - usually decreases or removes any aggression, as this is related to instinct to protect their 'nest', and it also removes the chance of her getting uterine cancer, which is a major killer of unspayed female bunnies

Ella's mum - sorry to hear about your bunnies - sadly that's an extremely common story with pet shop bunnies - they are often removed from their mum too early and then in addition, they are moved from breeder to pet shop and pet shop to you within the space of a few days. The traveling and changes in environment and diet, including the sudden being on their own, all increase their stress levels, and their guts are immature (especially if they have been removed from mum earlier than 8 weeks) and their little bodies cannot cope with so many changes and sadly it often results in either death or ongoing health problems

Much as rabbits, especially baby ones, are incredibly cute, they really aren't good pets for young children, as they are prey animals so being picked up and cuddled to a bunny is generally a frightening experience, as its instinct will be telling it that it is about to be eaten. They also hate noise and are prone to struggling which can easily result in broken bones. Just this week I heard of a very experienced rabbit owner losing a bunny because it freaked out when being held and broke its back
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3