Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 11:59 AM

I am spittin` feathers!

I decided to take Daisy back to training because she was being so good.
So I found a local club (Billericay Dog Training Club) that looked good - runs workshops, uses kind methods etc.
On their website there was a page for enrolling but it didn`t work. So I phoned them and explained and the lady said - No, just come along 20 minutes before a class and enroll. I asked if I needed to do / bring anything but no, she said just come, and she told me the nearest bus stop.
So I got up early and grilled sossidge and chopped it, and worked out a rouute. Train to Basildon, Bus to Wasjh Road. Daisy was as good as gold on the bus and I was quite excited...
then it all went downhill.
The snooty bird behind the desk glaring at me because she had an aggressive dog and you`re supposed to leave your dog out in the car (no car?!) thrust a piece of paper at me and said I had to come to an enrollment session first.
I went over the website / phone call thing and she started using phrases like `with all due respect` which even I know means the opposite.
The enrollment sessions are tuesday night and 9am friday she snapped. I can`t do that I said. I come on public transport. There isn`t any public transport at night and it`s full of screeching kids in the mornings.
That was when she started raising her eyes to heaven and flapping her hands and I lost my temper (who, me?)
So I got a taxi back to the station. |
On the train a fat bird with a Croydon facelift snarled at me.. are dogs even allowed on trains? And I retorted - well, you should know. Which started a short sharp exchange with the gorilla accompanying her.
And then I got the phone call from a friend asking where was I and had I forgotten she was taking me out to lunch...

some days you should just stay in bed.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Oh no deep breaths.

I think if you can get that e-mail thingy to work you need to write a stinking e-mail about their incompetence or write a letter at least about the snooty so and so behind the desk.

As for the Croydn facelift that made me chuckle.

Did you go for lunch and enjoy it ?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 12:20 PM
email sent. Lunch date re-scheduled.
Now looking for another dog club.
You see - I run clubs. If you get someone turn up and there`s a glitch or whatever you don`t tell them to go away.
You sit down with them for a chat... talk about what you offer.. ask if they`d like to watch for a bit.
You don`t simply wave a piece of paper at them and tell them to go away.
Plonkers
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-06-2011, 12:26 PM
[QUOTE=ClaireandDaisy;2282674]email sent. Lunch date re-scheduled.
Now looking for another dog club.
You see - I run clubs. If you get someone turn up and there`s a glitch or whatever you don`t tell them to go away.
You sit down with them for a chat... talk about what you offer.. ask if they`d like to watch for a bit.
You don`t simply wave a piece of paper at them and tell them to go away.
Plonkers[/QUOTE

Would be interesting to know how many people they have with the attitude they showed you.

I think I have driven past there once or twice when I popped along to Barleylands.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 12:36 PM
Sorry you had such a ridiculour amount of problems, some people shouldn't be allowed out in public!
You do have a way with words, some very interestingly funny phrases in there
I hope you find a better club who are actually polite!
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Sorry you've had one of those days,

Bloody rude woman, i'd have lost my temper as well. Croydon face lift...love it ! and the dog comment ! lol

There are a bit up themselves some in Billericay (i have family there though who are very nice)

You fiesty Essex bird you ! a girl after my our heart
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
On the train a fat bird with a Croydon facelift snarled at me.. are dogs even allowed on trains?
I'd just like to point out that I was NOT in the vicinity at the time........
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Puts kettle on and gets the biccies out...

Love your train retort though

And what a strange person sending you away - she obviously should have stayed in bed too.... not a good day

Hope you find a better club!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2011, 12:53 PM
@ Vicki!!!!

I just been told by a friend via FB she has just had the same thing happen to her this week by the same club, so you are not alone! Needless to say she took her dog and buisness elsewhere!

Some people need to learn some people skills and manners! You should of set Daisy on the both of them
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2011, 12:55 PM
What is a croyden facelift? x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >