View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CuteRotts
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-06-2011, 05:44 PM
I would've said no but Bill is laid across my knee fast asleep and I haven't had my tea yet and I'm STARVING!!!!!
Just because he's comfy and I don't want to move him
So I guess it's a yes then...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 06:01 PM
My dogs are spoilt insomuchas my whole day revolves around them - how did that happen then??? If I go shopping, I always seem to have to rush around coz I want to get back for Zena's 2nd walk 4 o'clock is always playtime even if it's chucking it down outside and we can't play in the garden, I can't get on with what I want to do, oh no, I play with Zena. Yes, she's definitely got me firmly wrapped around those cute little paws.

They aren't spoilt with treats and toys, they just get what I give them when I want to give it, they never pester for them. Toys galore have been taken to the local dog rescue, as her only interest now is balls and squeaky balls nothing much else. They never get on the beds or furniture, they have their own.

The only time they get spoilt is when they're ill, then I will tempt them with the best of my home cooking, or tlc, they're not lap dogs, but they like a good fuss when being groomed or being praised for doing something right, or when I get back home from being out, so that's the only spoiling they get really. I'm a hard woman with my dogs, they don't rule the roost here...... I don't think!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by MichaelM View Post
I wouldn't say they're spoilt, though being a dog here does have certain perks:

Free board and lodge.
Private medical health care.
Private education with one to one tutoring.
Personal fitness trainer.
Chaufer driven car.

When I (attempt to) go to bed at night, it's not unusual to hear my wife's voice from under the quilt and surrounded by three dogs saying " Don't you dare disturb them - go and seep in the spare room."

No, definitely not spoilt
Brilliant!
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-06-2011, 06:38 PM
Spoilt? In what way exactly?

My dogs are well cared for in that they are well groomed, have the best insurance and training I can afford, fed a variety of lovely foods, get plenty of exercise and play time, have the run of the house and can sleep where they like and are taken on many days out and get holidays twice a year with my grandparents where they have an absolutely ball (without me - sob! Some of us have to work though!).

They also have many a collar and lead set! And a box bursting with toys.

They receive regular vet checks and get any vet treatment as and when required.

They are also a not abused in any way, shape or form - no prong collars or choke chains, no e-collars and are not hit in any way at all, never have been.

They also have plenty of human companionship.

They are not brats (most of the time!) and are usually very well behaved.

I wouldn't say that's spoilt exactly, it's what I believe is my duty of care to my dogs that I chose to own. They are well cared for and I believe they deserve to have treats in life!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3