register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2013, 09:49 AM
LOL Nippy, it is a bit of a shock when you first hear 'the voice' you'll have to fit one to Red Adair so's people know when you are reversing as well, only in a nice ever so posh ladies voice of course. OMG £52
Fingers crossed for your new job Lore, what is it, or aren't you saying.
Jen, maybe bringing the nortiest with you to the First Aid Training will help, maybe having a word with Malcolm will help, it is a booooger when you are trying to concentrate on something important and you have all these niggles at the back of your mind.
Jenny how's Flash this morning, did you get a decent nights sleep at long last.
Kazz you've got quite a day lined up, can you pop over here and do a bit of papering for me when you've a moment.
Been raining here Moyra, although it has stopped for the moment.
Morning Eileen, what part of the house are you demolishing/re-building today
Helena, one day you will get the colour you're looking for, I'm not too sure myself now what it is, have you found another hairdresser to take over because they all talk amongs themselves you know, my hairdresser told me that. He always knew when someone had gone elsewhere, thank goodness I haven't gone elsewhere, just can't afford to have it done, at least he knows I'm not being unfaithful to him
Got a visitor today at 11.30 so getting tidied up earlier, usually leave it till after girlies been out. Not heard from her so far though, and I'm pretty sure I didn't give her my address details when we spoke. Oh well I will be here at 11.30 and if she doesn't get in touch or turn up then everything will be done earlier
Mabs didn't eat her brekkie this morning, and had somehow managed to get through the barriers to the utility when I came down, she is determined she is having them in there I think, but she's not. She has rushed straight out, so I think I'll be keeping an eye on her today.
Also HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KESHI - she is one today.
Can't believe Keshilla The Hun has made it through to one year old without me strangling her!!!!
Maybe Lynn will be on today, can only hope
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 09:53 AM
Morning June, OMG has it been a whole year A very Happy Birthday to the beautiful Keshi It's Zena's birthday on Friday, but she'll be 5, can't quite believe that either!

Thanks for the heads up about the hairdressers there June, I thought they might have a website somewhere, where they can warn each other about people like me I've found a new hairdresser, just don't know how to get there, cos it's right in the middle of town, with lots of one way systems, so I've got to suss it all out before I can book. I shall be booking in a pseudonym this time around though thanks to your!!!!

Come on Mabs.......
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 09:56 AM
Morning all! Not the best start to my day when someone phoned me to get a number for my landlord in the UK. I was just rousing as the phone went and it was on the other side of the room and I have it set to full volume - so that got me and Bella up earlier than we'd have liked. Quite why someone needs a UK number before 7am is beyond me as we are two hrs ahead of UK! Then he stopped me while I was out with Bella - pulled up in his car and said he didn't think the number was right as no one answering. Well it was still only 8am here then! He got an earful I'll tell ya!

Helena
Swop ya your left arm for my right one? A right arm is more use to me. I can't help but wonder if the salon you speak of will be sorry to see you go or will be breathing a HUGE sigh of relief lol!

Glad Zena is still doing well.

Jen
Enjoy the 1st Aid training and hope your doglets are on their best behaviour for the neighbour!

Lore
Good luck with the application. I'm sure it did get thro OK and they'd be stupid not to snap up a conscientious hard worker like you!
(Read the rest of your post and am now wiping my brow!)

Nippy
Glad Pepsi is 'expensively OK' lol!
Mizzle? Down in Cornwall they call that 'liquid sunshine'! I confess I am laughing at your account of today's most interesting event with the reversing lorry lol!

Kazz
All fireworks will soon be over and at least your Bella is in the BEST possible place with the best possible person caring for her throughout the ordeal.

Interesting to read you've wallpapered your toilet. Does that not make it a bit difficult to keep clean?

Morning everyone else. I took 2 Naproxen about 2 hrs ago and my arm is probably sorer right now than it's ever been! So I am off to sulk and skulk with muttley for a bit.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 10:17 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KESHI
No demolition planned for today TW Shopping on the agenda,Sarah's birthday on Sunday Trip to the shopping center,no idea what to get her Think vouchers are great but there played out...will think of something
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

06-11-2013, 10:42 AM
Morning all - I am trying to catch up as there are so many posts after I go to bed at 11pm - as I rarely get an unbroken night's sleep I have to go that early and as it is only 9pm in the UK there is a lot to catch up on.

Normally I do it as soon as I have made my coffee but as soon as my neighbour saw my trissim open she was at the door and I was still in the middle of getting washed and dressed let alone make coffee. Anyhow she has my card so is going to draw cash from the hole-in-the-wall when she goes downtown - not sure when - and she has taken the 'scrip for my extra BP and heart pills.

Went back to clean my teeth and heard The Crash and thought here we go again. Pereg was down in the kitchen, wedged across it, having a bad Grand Mal seizure, so Vet visit postponed yet again [she has to have seven clear seizure-free days before the over-due check up and blood tests.

Still trying to catch up - knew I had a Bonus Day to do so got that out of the way, and am working my way through New Posts - one thing for sure I am NOT going to check my BP until this evening. It was not too bad first thing - systolic still quite high but that is not too important as it is the diastolic that is, and that had gone down a fair bit. I do NOT want to know what it is now after Pereg's seizure.

And I still have not made my coffee.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-11-2013, 11:22 AM
Malka, big hugs and cuddles from me and the Norties
All done and sorted, have checked on Mabs and there is still one of her, people have text to say they are on their way and be here in half an hour. Lovely sat in a clean tidy house, no idea how long it will last, but enjoying the moment.
Have a great day shopping Eileen, can you get me a few odds and sods whilst you're there, a couple of pairs of jeans and some trakkie bottoms will do nicely
Pat, WTF if someone was ringing MY phone at that unearthly hour then it had better be a life and death thing or their number would be barred in future, no wonder they didn't get an answer!!!!! Hope the shoulder is holding its own and not gone any worse, this time tomorrow you should be facing the right way, maybe a bit sore, but all in a good cause and all that.
Helena what a morning!!!! I sincerely hope Dave is OK, you were concerned about him having 3 clutches to do this week, and your concerns were justified. Maybe just book in one clutch a week in future, or can he train someone up to do it, or does he not trust anyone else to do the right job anymore.
At least the tyre is sorted now, wonder what it is that is giving you so many punctures, you don't go anywhere that could give you them really do you. Mind you I remember going through a spate of them as well.
Forgot to say yesterday about the steering fluid, yes he waved my money away, it is the guy who my ex-son owes money to for the unit as well, he is lovely and my freezer is still there and he still won't take money off me for the electricity, I know it won't be much, but it is the principle of it isn't it. They've just got a new baby girl (his OH was there with her yesterday) so will get the baby something nice for Christmas I think.
Jenny, forgot your question yesterday as to whether they could have them early, yes they can, it does vary, I prefer to try and get to day 63 personally, depends if there's a lot of them because the ones at the back will more than likely be from an earlier mating so will push the front ones out. We are around that now, so not as concerned as I was on Monday. They'll be fully developed and ready to drive me nuts as soon as they pop out
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 11:28 AM
Morning folks,

I'm delighted to report that all was quiet here on the western front, although I did wake up every time a dog moved and was joined on the settee at various times which was novel I gave Flash his meds, a smaller than normal breakfast and he's been out twice in the garden for a wee only I would assume that the abs have really kicked in today so have high hopes that we are 'on-top' of this horrible condition.

I took Rucksack out for a run round the fields which he loved but did walk very fast on the way back and greeted Flash as though they'd been apart for weeks.

Vets fees here in the SE are very expensive and my bill was only £77 yesterday which is less than I thought. That was for two courses of abs (one to keep in reserve), an anti sickness injection AND for a finger up his bottom (poor Flash )
We've got our bi-annual meeting here at the moment with our finance chappie so as soon as I've posted I ought to go in and look as though I understand what he's saying

Helena - Have you had a chance to speak to Dave yet .... a real worry as he sounded in a really bad way . Great news that Zena is still sound and that she enjoyed seeing the other GSDs. That lady must have been so pleased to see you and to be able to let her emotions out. I must admit if anyone is every sympathetic to me if I've had a crisis I just fall apart. You are clearly a good shoulder to cry on Helena What a pain about your puncture and glad that you are getting it all sorted. Hopefully you'll be able to re-fix your hair appointment soon.
Jen - I hope the first aid training went well and to your remark about Malcolm not listening to you
Lore - You always have so much studying to do .... That's something I'm really pleased I have been able to leave well behind me Good luck and hope it all goes well.
Nippy - Great news that little Pepsi is fine .... shame it costs so much to be told that though . I've heard those lorry reversing recordings and the first time I heard one it really made me jump.
I think I saw Lacey pop her head in here briefly. I hope your busy day goes without a hitch and see you later.
Kazz - Sorry Bella wasn't so good last night . Hopefully we are all the home run now for the fireworks getting less although next Friday and Saturday could be quite noisy. What a busy day you have ahead of you .... good luck.
Moyra - I hope you didn't get too wet out with Amber. Its really miserable here too and although its not raining heavily the drizzle is so wetting
Hi June - you must really be on high-alert there just waiting for Mabs to show signs that her babies are imminent. Will you leave her in peace and just observe from a distance or be there reassuring her I'd be terrified and excited all at the same time. I hope your 11.30 appointment turned up.
Keshi - I think she deserves her own post today as its her very own first birthday HAPPY 1st BITRTHDAY Enjoy your day and I hope Mabs doesn't steal your thunder today.

Off to join in the meeting in the sitting room and try and look as though I understand everything
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 11:31 AM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
hing nice for Christmas I think.
Jenny, forgot your question yesterday as to whether they could have them early, yes they can, it does vary, I prefer to try and get to day 63 personally, depends if there's a lot of them because the ones at the back will more than likely be from an earlier mating so will push the front ones out. We are around that now, so not as concerned as I was on Monday. They'll be fully developed and ready to drive me nuts as soon as they pop out
Wow there could be pups in there from two matings Well I hope they have the courtesy to let their younger siblings carry on developing for a little longer In case it happens today ............... good luck Mabs and of course you June as well. ((((hugs)))))
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Hi Peeps

Another grey miserable day here again. Not too many fireworks last night & my natural calmers seem to have worked, only two lots of barking after neighbours let off 2 huge bangs & they quickly chilled out again. Phew

Helping raise money for some Beardie type strays in Romania so they can some over here, the other peeps involved are nearly all Beardie folk & have raised at leats £4,000 in about a month. They are currently waiting for arranagments to be finalised for the first 5 to come over. They are all such innocent looking dogs, condemned in the past to cruelty & abuse, but looking forward to a safe happy future
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-11-2013, 12:44 PM
Morning Jenny
That's great news about Flash and as for Rucksack hurrying home to him .... awwww!

You've reminded me that I haven't seen my NEW Finance chap yet and requested a meet with him when I got back from UK. The last guy was brilliant - I do hope I haven't got another useless one - can't afford to lose money. But most of all don't want to be WORRYING about it - that's what they are paid to do.

Like you I wouldn't be back at school, college or taking any more exams for all the tea in China. Cannot say they were the happiest days of my life. No good memories at all! I even used to get fed up helping the kids with their stuff (thinking hang on - I've done all mine and NO ONE helped me lol!)

Mart still takes difficult exams regularly to stay on top of his game and pays lots of money to do them as well. Jen as you know has now at last finished (only 5 years since leaving college!) but as a teacher is constantly monitored and assessed). I'd hate all of that. My youngest boy is totally different and thinks no one should have to work past the age of 40 and that we are all just exploited by the rich and landed gentry lol! Must say he does get a lot of enjoyment from simple pleasures tho - picking mushrooms - off fishing or just taking the kids to the park. His attitude towards life helped a lot during the year or 2 of Harvey having the cancer - his wife said without him she'd have fallen to bits because he made sure that they all still had FUN at times whereas her instinct was (naturally) to sit with her head in her hands and wrap little Harvey in a bubble to keep him safe.

Helena
Just seen the bit about Dave (I tho't you meant the guy who should do your tyre!) OMG - shaking all over?

Tawney
Happy Birthday to Keshi I found a new piccie for you - think I like this one better. Makes you look more burdened down lol! It won't let me post it at the mo so I will save it for later!

Well here's my theory. Boss sent some work and I was going to leave it as my arm is really hurting me today. Then I thought well if I'm gonna pay good money for the osteo tomorrow I might as well go there when it IS really hurting me - not when it is in respite! So I worked through gritted teeth but will now have to take a break. Suns shining and it does look lovely out there but I just ain't in the mood for sunbathing. So MOVE OVER BELLA!
Page 2 of 37 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »