Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

04-07-2012, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by Malka View Post
Definitely time to stick my head in a bucket of cold water I think...
Oh please don't do that Malka, it'll ruin your hair do
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-07-2012, 08:40 AM
UPDATE [another one].

The television techie [another gorgeous hunk - SIGH] turned up as agreed. Pereg fell in love with him [she has turned into a right little tart ] - he checked everything and said he would have to take the set to the workshop to be fixed, and I will get it back in 8-10 days.

I have just had a telephone call to say he will be bringing the fixed television back on Thursday and will connect all the dozens of SCART and other cables [satellite decoder, DVD player, VCR [for the videos of things I recorded before I got the satellite Max decoder] - Uncle Tom Cobley an' all.

Oh and he will sort out the picture so it no longer looks as if an elephant is sitting on top of the screen.
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 09:40 AM
Can't be bad Malka and quicker than you thought too, and you and Pereg have some lovely eye candy to look forward to
Jeltz
Dogsey Junior
Male 

10-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Originally Posted by zoeyvonne View Post
Can't be bad Malka and quicker than you thought too, and you and Pereg have some lovely eye candy to look forward to
Good grief - such objectification of the male of the species!
zoeyvonne
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Jeltz, you only live once
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

10-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Jeltz View Post
Good grief - such objectification of the male of the species!
But he is PHWOOOOAAAARRRR

[think it is cold shower time again]
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 05:19 PM
The one we have now is 4 years old. We took out an extra warranty on it when we bought it and thankfully it chose to pack up about a week before it was due to finish. We had a warranty which would give us a new tv if this one was a total loss! and of course we were quite thrilled at the idea, sadly they repaired it and it's going strong again......sigh......
Malka
Dogsey Veteran

10-07-2012, 05:47 PM
I did not take out any extra warranty on this set - I assumed it had the normal one year guarantee, but when I phoned the store to ask where I could get it fixed they told me I had an additional five years as long as I pay a nominal charge for the techie to come and either sort it out here or take it away to be fixed and then bring it back.

My "luck" in the past was for appliances to pack up a week or two after the guarantee expired, so what I used to do was send glowing letters to the company involved "I have been the proud and happy owner of your wotsit and have been delighted with it, recommending it to all my friends. Tragically your wotsit has now died on me and I am devastated, especially as it is now just out of guarantee."

[Laying it on very thick with a trowel]

I got a brand new toaster from Hoover, a brand new vacuum cleaner from Hitachi, a brand new hover mower from Black & Decker...

... you get the idea?
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2012, 06:02 PM
I did not take out any extra warranty on this set - I assumed it had the normal one year guarantee, but when I phoned the store to ask where I could get it fixed they told me I had an additional five years as long as I pay a nominal charge for the techie to come and either sort it out here or take it away to be fixed and then bring it back.

My "luck" in the past was for appliances to pack up a week or two after the guarantee expired, so what I used to do was send glowing letters to the company involved "I have been the proud and happy owner of your wotsit and have been delighted with it, recommending it to all my friends. Tragically your wotsit has now died on me and I am devastated, especially as it is now just out of guarantee."

[Laying it on very thick with a trowel]

I got a brand new toaster from Hoover, a brand new vacuum cleaner from Hitachi, a brand new hover mower from Black & Decker...

... you get the idea?
Oh indeedy just copying it all down for future reference....
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-07-2012, 07:19 AM
"I have been the proud and happy owner of your wotsit and have been delighted with it, recommending it to all my friends. Tragically your wotsit has now died on me and I am devastated, especially as it is now just out of guarantee."
ver mower from Black & Decker...

... you get the idea?
Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Oh indeedy just copying it all down for future reference....
Great idea Malka, wish I had thought of that too, 'tho so far as my old brain can recall I've only has one thing died on me within a few weeks of the guarantee running out. I expect ten years at least from my appliances and try to repair them myself if they don't make it into old age 'tho again I'll admit it's getting much harder with modern things like TV's and such like, it's all those pesky microchips, you a need a £100K machine to change those
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >