Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

01-07-2012, 10:17 AM

iphone5

Was tempted to get an iphone4s this weekend as they seem brill for taking photos and uploading quickly to websites like this and others

Went online to O2 to chat to an advisor and he suggested waiting for the iphone5 which is rumoured to be out in a couple of months.

The bit I don't get is the whole upgrading of contracts thing, when you can do it, how much does it cost if you switch early etc - can anyone shed any light and if you do have iphone what are your thoughts?
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2012, 10:21 AM
when you can do it, how much does it cost if you switch early etc - can anyone shed any light and if you do have iphone what are your thoughts?
Not an Iphone but I know you can switch early from Orange - you just have to buy out your contract, which is basically what you pay a month x the number of months until the contract finishes.

I came out of my last contract with Orange early (couple of months), as I had found a fantastic deal on the phone that I wanted - nearly £15 less than what Orange were offering me. I took the gamble that it would go up in price, and it did so I have actually saved in the long run.

Can't help with Iphone's as I've never had one but do know that the Samsung Galaxy has beat Iphone in the ratings (if you haven't got your heart set on an Iphone).

Helen
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Google nokia pure view if you want a phone with a decent cam....check the mp rate..
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

01-07-2012, 10:32 AM
the iphone is attractive because of the facetime feature - my wife and stepdaughter have access to facetime so it's good for keeping in touch
toobendy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-07-2012, 11:02 AM
i love my iphone. i almost went for a cheaper touchscreen phone but iphone was the only one or only one i knew about that has siri so when my hands are being really pathetic & even using touchscreen is difficult & painful i can talk to the phone. i often send text messages using siri. it's not perfect, siri does get some words wrong but still if i only have to type 2 or 3 words to correct it then thats much easier for me. i've used my phone for online access for 10 days when i were staying at a friends house & weren't tempted to throw it out the window like i would've been if it had been slow! i've taken loads of photos of the dogs & videos too but i'm rubbish at taking photos so none of mine turn out great just because even if i had the best camera ever made i'd still take rubbish photos
as for contracts, this is first time i've had a contract & i don't really understand. i asked my stepdad if a contract would be better or if i should save up to be able to buy iphone as pay as you go & he told me contract would be better then started telling me why which i didn't understand at all!
Angie1966
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-07-2012, 11:46 AM
I've just changed my contracts and I'd just about made my mind up to get another iphone but I took the plunge and got the Samsung Note. This is an AMAZING phone and IMO it knocks spots off the iphone. I bought out my contract with Vodafone and I'm now with O2. If you get your new contract from Phones4U they will pay off your old contract and buy your old phone (well they did with me anyway).

Seriously consider the Samsung Note, yes it's big but you don;t notice it after a few days.
nickmcmechan
Almost a Veteran
Male 

01-07-2012, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by toobendy View Post
i love my iphone. i almost went for a cheaper touchscreen phone but iphone was the only one or only one i knew about that has siri so when my hands are being really pathetic & even using touchscreen is difficult & painful i can talk to the phone. i often send text messages using siri. it's not perfect, siri does get some words wrong but still if i only have to type 2 or 3 words to correct it then thats much easier for me. i've used my phone for online access for 10 days when i were staying at a friends house & weren't tempted to throw it out the window like i would've been if it had been slow! i've taken loads of photos of the dogs & videos too but i'm rubbish at taking photos so none of mine turn out great just because even if i had the best camera ever made i'd still take rubbish photos
as for contracts, this is first time i've had a contract & i don't really understand. i asked my stepdad if a contract would be better or if i should save up to be able to buy iphone as pay as you go & he told me contract would be better then started telling me why which i didn't understand at all!
i'm not sure siri is all that great with the scottish accent!

like this elevator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ub06ZBjyDI8
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2012, 02:37 AM
I bought my iPhone. They said they were bringing the 5 out in Feb but we are still waiting iPhone 4s pretty good. Mine is PAYG on 02 I don't regret getting the 4s.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2012, 01:46 PM
I have a 4s, the camera is great, siri is useless!! I do love it...but then I upgraded from a blackberry (huuuuuuuuuge improvement!).
With regards to contracts- best thing to do is contact whoever you are with and ask...i'm with orange and had a 24 month contract with them for my bb but they let me upgrade for free to a 4s - just had to take an 18 month contract out.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2012, 01:48 PM
If you are with Orange, the swappables on Panther are well worth it! Deezer is one, which is very similar to spotify and well worth having.

Helen
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >