Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Loving it.......I have even been converted am reading a digital book on I book when I always vowed paper was the only book I would read!
I think my only issue with iBooks and also Kindle books, is the cost.

All of my paper books are bought in charity shops, and cost up to £2, some of them are only 50p.

Luckily, Kindle do a huge range of free books, but I do think the prices of some of the best sellers are a little high, and I just won't pay that kind of money.....

I'm so tight.....
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 08:03 AM
My son bought me one when I was over in the UK last year on the day they came out. We took it back the next day! After going over it thoroughly - decided I would hardly ever use it. Couldn't load the software I need for some stuff I do onto it - cannot use Adobe wotsit to play Scrabble on it - difficulties with apps being in Cyprus.

I have a business class laptop for home and a small Samsung notepad one for travelling (that fits in my bag) a phone I can check emails and use the web on, a DS Lite and a Kindle (I love my Kindle too!)

I was interested in the Xoom at one stage but really don't think I need one.
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-04-2012, 08:16 AM
I've just bought an Ipad 3.

It was a toss up between the ipad and the Asus Transformer, from the reviews I read they were about on par for battery life, and interface. The only thing that the Ipad stood out majorly for was the retina display screen - it's awesome

The only thing that steered me towards the ipad was that android has a lot of things that run inthe background and completely trash the battery, the most common app for an android anything is a task manager to shut off the background apps.

I don't know how bad they are on the tablet but my phone was shocking, couldn't get a day out of the battery, seemed worse when it was in stand by too

I figured for the amount of money I was spending I wasn't prepared to take the chance so opted for the Ipad and I've gotta say I'm not disappointed

p.s. If you opt for the Asus Transformer, I'd hold on for a bit - there's a new model that was released this week across the pond and will be out here soon - Asus Transformer Infinity
Jenkel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-04-2012, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
I've just bought an Ipad 3.

It was a toss up between the ipad and the Asus Transformer, from the reviews I read they were about on par for battery life, and interface. The only thing that the Ipad stood out majorly for was the retina display screen - it's awesome

The only thing that steered me towards the ipad was that android has a lot of things that run inthe background and completely trash the battery, the most common app for an android anything is a task manager to shut off the background apps.

I don't know how bad they are on the tablet but my phone was shocking, couldn't get a day out of the battery, seemed worse when it was in stand by too

I figured for the amount of money I was spending I wasn't prepared to take the chance so opted for the Ipad and I've gotta say I'm not disappointed

p.s. If you opt for the Asus Transformer, I'd hold on for a bit - there's a new model that was released this week across the pond and will be out here soon - Asus Transformer Infinity
Good choice, I have ipad2 and it's the best thing I've every bought, always on, easy to use, loads of apps and no bloody viruses lol.

The 3 is supposed to awesome with retina display and you've just confirmed it !!

julie
Baileys Blind
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2012, 07:29 PM
Yeah it is, it's only when you look at them side by side you realise just how good the retina display is.
There's a couple of apps that are great too - cinexplayer is cool, you can watch 3d movies on it - just gotta get OH to take me to the pictures now so I can get some glasses
Jenkel
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Baileys Blind View Post
Yeah it is, it's only when you look at them side by side you realise just how good the retina display is.
There's a couple of apps that are great too - cinexplayer is cool, you can watch 3d movies on it - just gotta get OH to take me to the pictures now so I can get some glasses
lol at the glasses
Sherrie_x
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2012, 09:01 AM
I have an Ipad 2! I love it i use it for the apps & games, to go on the internet pretty much everything, I use the camera on it too
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Slightly off topic but with a Kindle how do you make notes in the margins, correct spelling and grammer, write page links and references to other publications in the front or back, I do that with every book I buy and I will want to do so with a Kindle if it's possible.
Polarbear2008
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-06-2012, 09:06 PM
My OH said he wanted an iPad as I did and we decided there was no way we could have 1 between us - it just wouldn't work, so we agreed to get us both one once we'd saved up. Whilst I was out at work one Saturday, he'd been busy trying to figure out how quickly he could get them, without saving up!!!!! He has no patience when it comes to apple gadgets
He had it all figured out when I got home, explained all about it and went ahead and pressed the order button
Wow is all I can say. The tv hasn't been on more than 5 times in two months since we got them! I used to go to bed at reasonable times, now it seems to be getting later and later; I used to fall asleep on the sofa, not any more
I joined dogsey and all I seem to now do is follow dogsey, read my emails, use a diary app and apps for the dog, and read iBooks.
I and OH would be so lost without them (they are ipad3 with wifi, 32gb). I love the photo frame option from the home screen too and would recommend an iPad to anyone. Love it
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3