View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 08:23 PM

i Pad which one and why and what do you use yours for?

I am contemplating an i Pad and think I have worked out which one will suit me best but just wondered which people have,and what you use yours for etc....

I would also be interested to see what alternatives people have.

I was waiting for the Kindle fire which is a cross between a tablet and a kindle and was a great price when introduced in the states in November but there is no sign of it coming to the UK in the foreseeable future.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 08:26 PM
Do not have an I pad.

I have a laptop for everything.

A kindle (which I ADORE) for reading.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't have an ipad, like SB I just have my laptop and a smart phone. That said, as an apple hater, I very much doubt I'd buy another ianything! I'd more than likely go for something made by samsung, or wait for a better version of the Dell inspiron duo.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 08:56 PM
I have an IPad and I wouldn't be without it now..........I got mine for work and love how fast it is, no waiting for it to get going, no freezing and very light and easy to carry (fits nicely in my handbag).
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I have an IPad and I wouldn't be without it now..........I got mine for work and love how fast it is, no waiting for it to get going, no freezing and very light and easy to carry (fits nicely in my handbag).
which model do you have and can you work on google offline to sort e-mails and documents?
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
which model do you have and can you work on google offline to sort e-mails and documents?
The IPad 2, the one with 3G so I am always connected, haven't tried it without.......I don't see why not tho'.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 11:23 PM
We've got the Asus tablet, it's fab I was going to get the Ipad, but I'd heard lots of bad things about it.......
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-04-2012, 11:24 PM
I wish they would bring the fire out quicker too,,
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2012, 11:47 PM
IPad here and wouldn't be without it. Never (rarely) use the laptop now, battery life is fab. The only thing that took me some getti g used to, is the touch screen keyboard. This is purely, i think, because I type and type fast, I can't do that on the iPad. I also have the iPhone and wouldn't be without it either. Can't recommend either highly enough
Jackalyn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-04-2012, 05:32 AM
I have an iPad 1 which I love because I can curl up on the settee with or take it to bed with me. I use it for surfing the Internet , dogsey, and reading my emails.

I can't download my photos on to it from my phone as it's not compactable but I think that's about the only problem. I miss Microsoft word on it too but I just go on my desktop for that and photos.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >