Male 

20-04-2012, 09:49 AM
On virgin with no issues ...
Jealous of Carole's speeds though ...lol
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-04-2012, 07:02 AM
I've always used Virgin (or NTL as it was then) for broadband and other than a few months back where it slowed right down briefly i've been problem free.

I also a month or so back switched from Sky+ to Virgin Tivo and there are good and bad with both systems.Sky's menu is the easiest and clearest to use.Virgins on the otherhand is a tad too small and more complicated.Tivo's features though cannot be rivalled with it learning what you like and records them automatically.I went through 4 Sky+ boxes within 18 months as they just wouldnt switch on plus everytime it rained i lost signal.Get none of this with Tivo and the picture quality is much clearer too.

This is my broadband speed (i just have their basic speed package-which is being doubled soon for nothing)
DavidC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

24-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
We are thinking of changing from SKY to Virgin Media.We have been offered a great package and have been having internet problems with Sky.We will have the TV/Broadband combination.

I am particularly interested in customer service experience and repair/maintenance....I notice that after warrantee Sky is £65 a visit and Virgin continues to provide repair etc...
Virgin continues to repair because you never own the Tv box, beit V+ or Tivo. You pay an ‘activation’ fee, which is effectively a similar thing as purchasing it, but they always own that equipment.
I am also after experiences on broadband performance etc....
If it’s cable broadband then it’s the best you can get, I am a fairly heavy user and still even the minimum package for internet is sufficient.

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I also a month or so back switched from Sky+ to Virgin Tivo and there are good and bad with both systems.Sky's menu is the easiest and clearest to use.Virgins on the otherhand is a tad too small and more complicated.Tivo's features though cannot be rivalled with it learning what you like and records them automatically.I went through 4 Sky+ boxes within 18 months as they just wouldnt switch on plus everytime it rained i lost signal.Get none of this with Tivo and the picture quality is much clearer too.
I was a little disappointed by Tivo, the functionality and potential is great, but the implementation is clunky and slow. We actually prefer our older V+ box which was really fast.

We are moving house in just over a week and unfortunately can't get Virgin cable/TV, so are deciding what to do TV and internet wise. Currently leaning toward Freesat, but no idea who to get our internet through yet (though I know it won’t be BT, had them once and they were dreadful… and that home hub… lol … We never even use our landline, it’s so annoying that you have pay line rental to have an internet connection.
Whilst we were looking into the TV options we looked at Sky’s offers and were mortified to see what you got for the money, even compared to the Virgin package we had… another £10/month for HD was enough to say screw that!
louise!
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-05-2012, 03:38 PM
I've had both sky and virgin, virgin broadband is very fast , we're on the 50 mb package, but we've had a lot of issues where we've been randomly disconnected at certain times of the day since we signed up. Also hate the virgin box in comparison to sky boxes, theyre INCREDIBLY slow and complicated to the point where it's not worth the hassle of trying to negotiate on demand programs or Iplayer etc. as you're scrolling through the tv guide each page takes 5 seconds to load which is just infuriating and it's just generally clunky and rubbish.
Suzanne2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2012, 10:07 PM
I've had Virgin for many years now, the Broadband speeds are really excellent, and so far it has never let me down. As for the TV service, it is good, but I only have the basic channels. Their technical support is very good - very occasionally we've had a problem with the TV, and they have always been able to correct it via the phone. Price wise, the best deals always go to new customers, I wish they would share them out a bit!
kobi
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Use Sky tv and very happy with it,
Use BeThere for broadband. Good with occassional drop-outs.
I think this can depend on your area as my neighbour has drop-outs with a different provider.
Don't have cable in my area but was still looking at Sky for broadband as they have 6 month free for current package users.
Difficult to get any good info for any broadband providers as people are usually happy or totally brassed off.
kimberleythomas
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-09-2012, 01:45 PM
I have sky tv for 4 years never had a bad experience with them when one of the boxes stopped working there was no problem getting someone out and they gave us a new box. I have since switched to freeview (did this last jan) only because i was sick of paying so much and only watching cbeebies!!!!!!!!!! So glad i canceled it. x
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2