Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 05:20 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Yes I know , but my point was , Wikipedia has very much underestimated the number of litters he has sired.

I know in his first yr, he sired a very high proportion of litters, so to say in 5 yrs he has only sired 76 is way of mark.

If he only sired one litter every other week for a yr, that would make 26 litters a yr .

He came to the UK around 05 (I think) so adding up him siring one litter every other week for 5 yrs adds up to more than 76 litters...

And I know he has been used on bitches more than that!
See this is what drives me mad,you can't tell me all of those bitches he has mated are worthy of been bred ?

ads like this one also get my back up,
BLUE STAFFOFRDSHIRE BULLTERRIER STUD (Name removed ) IS BRED TO THE HIGHEST STANDARD WITH CH VANORIC VOODOO IN HIS PEDIGREE 5 X ALSO VALGO LINES Name removed is now well known stud in ENGLAND AND EUROPE PROVEN TO SIRE MANY HEALTHY CHUNKY PUPS JUST LIKE HIm ,me and my familyhave always wanted a staffy and were overjoyed when we found blue and i am sure all who see him agree he is a credit to the breed this is blue he is now 3 years old with a a full KC pedigree Namr removed HAS 28 CHAMPIONS (YOU WILL NOT FIND A ((( BLUE))) STUD WITH MORE IN ENGLAND,SCOTLAND, OR WALES WITH MORE THAN THAT (TRY LOOKING FOR YOURSELF)) HE IS ALSO EYE CLEAR FOR PHPV and HC AND IS L-2 HGA clear he as a solid short and stocky build with a nice bully head and he has a superb temprement and loves long walks and enjoys all the attention he gets he is available for stud to healthy aproved bitches that will credit the breed he is already proven (pups sometimes available) his fee is £400
It's supposed to be Valglo
And my bitch also has those lines does that make her worthy of been bred from,of course not,there are quite alot of SBT's that carry those lines,what is so special about that dog, ummm yes of course it's blue
Jadey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-11-2010, 05:29 PM
I've had some people ask me to use milo as a stud as they would like blue pups and he's only 19 weeks
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally Posted by Jadey View Post
I've had some people ask me to use milo as a stud as they would like blue pups and he's only 19 weeks
I have had that with Tyler because he is pied
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2010, 09:05 PM
Originally Posted by Tarimoor View Post
Haven't got time to multi quote people, but why, when you quickly look at the price of a couple of different breeds, do you get a vast majority, so for example when I googled pups last night, of Labs around the 200-700 price mark, and the vast majority of chinese crested pups are 500 and above?
I have often thought about the varing prices of breeds, but I guess many factors play a part in why some breeds are more than others, Labs are a hell of alot more popluar that cresteds, there are something like more than double the amount of lab breeders than crested breeders, and many many more labs registered a year that cresteds..
Cresteds vary a lot in prices, although we have never paid more than £650 for our kids, who are from health tested parents, who are shown, from fab lines and from breeders that have become great friends and supporters.

why do labs vary that much in price, thats a £500 price difference, even cresteds dont usally vary that much (until you come across the bad breeders)!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
I'd expect a dog to poop gold for that price!
that cracked me up!
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
Aaaaaand the gene pools then get smaller and smaller hmnn we question why there is a lot of health and genetic problems..
It's quite sad really. So many breeders just seem to think only of the now, giving no thought to the future.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 08:01 AM
That post about Yogi blew me away. I cannot believe the amount of pups he has sired and the money that has been made from him

With regards to the puppy price of the blue Frenchie, no I don't think it is a typing error. It wouldn't be £500 as they go for much more than that normally and this is being advertised as a rare colour.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-11-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally Posted by Anne-Marie View Post
That post about Yogi blew me away. I cannot believe the amount of pups he has sired and the money that has been made from him With regards to the puppy price of the blue Frenchie, no I don't think it is a typing error. It wouldn't be £500 as they go for much more than that normally and this is being advertised as a rare colour.
Sadly thats what happens when a popular dog is successful.

Everyone wants one of those.

Which results in a bottle neck of upcoming dog all of the same lines.

To be honest, he is not unique in producing so many pups.

All of us with a pedigree dog, of one sort or another, many well see the same patten, a particular dog will crop up in many many dogs pedigrees.

Yogi has saturated the gene pool of the HV and many people are concerned , he also puts a certain stamp on is offsprings, which seems to be passing down the lines to g/children and so on.

Health wise I cant think of any health issues he has passed on, but temperament wise you know it if yo uhave one of his dogs
CovetKaty
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Sadly alot of small dogs/toy breed prices go in to 4 figues by some breeders.
Unfortunatly the case at the minute while I'm looking for a Pug
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post

he also puts a certain stamp on is offsprings, which seems to be passing down the lines to g/children and so on.
That is the sign of a good stud dog IMO, consistently producing pups to a type. Thats why so many people want to use him, but i do agree that it has done the breed no good at all.

We have recently imported a dog from america and have been inundated with requests to use him at stud. He has only been here about 5 weeks Literally, we could have booked about 50+ bitches for him just from enquiries at shows, and if we advertised him that could easily double. That would bring us something like £25,000 - £40,000 depending on the stud fee we decided on. That would do absolutely no good to the breed whatsoever though and is not why we imported him. So, we have made the decision only to offer him to 2 or 3 outside bitches next year and only of good enough quality to ensure the market isnt flooded by mediocre pups. The plan is to do the same each year for as long as we have enquiries from the right people, so we never flood the breed with his genes, but it is important to make them available IMO.
Page 9 of 10 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 >