Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-09-2010, 01:06 PM

Jakes ashes

Thought id let you know that i'm having Jakes ashes used as Tattoo pigment next monday, its not for a portrait but it will have his date of death and a Staffy skull tattooed on my shoulder amongst some human skulls that represnet various friends and relatives. I'm only using jakes ashes for this portion of my tattoo so I must say quite looking forward to it, its the first time my tattooist has used cremation ashes to tattoo But once i'd spoken too him about it he was quite keen.

For me its a great way of keeping Jake very close!
Shani
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Wow, can't get much closer than that, a very good idea.
Let us know how it goes, & ... pictures please.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Very sorry to hear about Jake

I had no idea that was even possible to use ashes in a tattoo. Hope it goes smoothly for you and isn't too painful xx
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 02:01 PM
I read about a woman who had her son's ashes tattooed onto her back... lovely tribute as will yours, good luck with it!
kingbenny
Dogsey Senior
Male 

13-09-2010, 02:05 PM
I think tis getting relatively common now, im about 70% tattooed anyway so I wanted to find a space for him and this seemed fitting. If anyone else considers it the only pain is u have to bake the orginal ashes three or fours times to get rid of any mercury vapour from microchips. It'll be very nice to know if got a very, very tiny piece of him with me where ever i go!
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I never realised that was possible. Hope you will be pleased with it, sounds like a lovely tribute to your boy.