View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
min_tbs
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-11-2005, 12:52 AM

home needed for German Pointer (but not my one!)

Hello I'm a huge fan of GSP's (we own a beauty girl) and I've just found out theres a male in a rescue centre nearby me . I'd like to post this to try and help him find a home. It won't be easy, but I'm sure with the right training and care he will be lovely (all gsp's are . Please note, I didn't write any of the below. I haven't seen him
heres his story... (taken from the gsp SW rescue, another site)
''Deano” - the Gsp boy found in Liverpool ([Mod Edit: URL removed: Rules stipulate no links to other forums]
) is now in a Rescue Centre awaiting re-homing - he is about 10 months old and will be neutered before he goes - - but this dog will not be under Gsp Rescue SW rules of adoption. He is located in North Liverpool. at
Freshfields Animal Rescue, East Lodge Farm, East Lane, Ince Blundell, L31 3EA

and their web site is www.freshfieldsrescue.org.uk if you want to read more about the Centre - he is not listed yet.One of our Forum members when to assess him over the weekend - their report: “He looks to be possibly a year old or more, and needs some serious time and effort put into this poor chap.. At present he's quite skinny, and has evidence of fights in the scars that cover parts of his ears and throat, though the rest of him seems to be fine. I have a feeling this one will be better suited for someone at home all day, and most certainly not a first dog of this type - I am at present at home all day, have had dogs all my life, and have access to some great walks, and yet we both felt that this dog needed more than we could offer... Especially seeing as we have to consider the dog we have at present. He seemed to have little concept of a lead, and to say he pulls is an underestimate! I would certainly not trust him off the lead at all either, as he also seems to be easily distracted and does not respond well to voice. The centre informed me he was brought in with a woman with a young baby, and so another possible reason for him being brought into the rescue centre would be him being bad with a young family (and after seeing him today I would definitely advise against it). He is not a dog for the faint hearted, but is beautiful, and as he is young I think he will become a more responsive adult if given the right training, but I think this is a case where people should really know their onions before becoming enamoured with him!! There is also the fact I may not have being seeing his 'true self' due to him being in kennels. I am hopeful however that someone from the GSP pages will be able to provide him with the home and family he needs, as we were sorry to leave him there! ''