Our sister sites
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-04-2008, 09:11 PM

TV show on dogfighting on NOW

Hi Guys,
long time no post

Anyway VIRGIN1 on SKY has a prog called Lawless Britain: savage sports. It started at 10pm but is also on at 11 on +1.
Bare knuckle boxing and dogfighting apparently, Im gonna watch it all thru at 11.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
Hi Guys,
long time no post

Anyway VIRGIN1 on SKY has a prog called Lawless Britain: savage sports. It started at 10pm but is also on at 11 on +1.
Bare knuckle boxing and dogfighting apparently, Im gonna watch it all thru at 11.
My ohmy,where have you been all this time Great to see you back Callum,xxxxxxx
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 10:05 PM
won't be joining you i'm afraid....welcome back
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 10:24 PM
this program is awful - i cant bear to watch yet i cant turn it off either.

its so sad;(
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 10:30 PM
i assume that its just the first part dedicated to dog fighting - am stopping watching it now - the next bit is on bareknuckle fighting but quite honestly if people are stupid enough to do it then i hope they beat each other to death - just wish the punishment for dog fighting could be perhaps that they are put in a ring with a prize fighter and told to bare knucle it - perhaps then they would appreciate what they are putting their dogs through.

It still amazes me that the maximum punishment for dog fighting is 6 months in prisoin - yet the dog will die ....

its sick and disgusting and anybody who does such a thing, deserves nothing less than years in prison.

made me very sad watching that program......
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

02-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Well I watched it all thru. It was a small dog piece really and it was mainly factual. Kinda one sided with only the fighting side of the bull breeds being portrayed. The video footage was shameful esp the pups (maybe 4wks old?) being wound up and forced to be aggressive with litter mates!!

The bareknuckle side is as you say the choice of consenting adults, so what can you say.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 11:27 PM
I didn't watch it at all, seen similar ones that were just as cruel !

Was anyone prosecuted at all ?? It amazes me how so many get away with it even after being televised !

Welcome back by the way
Callum
Dogsey Senior
Male 

03-04-2008, 01:31 AM
ty

I believe it was something like 13 arrests and 10 convictions but dont quote me, the evidence was undeniable. Mainly the video recordings the trainers/fighters had kept of themselves and the fights It wouldnt have been enough either way as usual.