Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-01-2011, 10:51 AM
btw, sadly my email was ignored
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Sounds so familiar! I have a friend who wants a husky. He has not owned a dog before, works minimum of 5days a week, has no garden only a tiny yard. Oh, and his girlfriend is scared of dogs (she wouldn't stroke Toby even when he was a little pup). He just says it will be so cute as a puppy that she learn to love it and someone will pop over to let it out during the day. I've copied the relevant posts to send to him
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by Stormpants View Post
Leanne _W I feel so sorry for that Boxer. Is there ANYTHING you can do to get it out of this horrible, horrible situation?
Not really, apart from try to make my sister see that it would be so much easier for her (especially since she has 4 kids under the age of 10) and far better for the dog if she rehomed it to an appropriate home. I know her OH (who technically owns the dog) wants to get rid of it but I dont think my sister wants to admit defeat.

I'm not close to my sister and I very rarely see her. I offered to take the dog to training classes (I would give up my time, she would pay) when it was younger and she declined. My sister even suggested we go for a walk with all dogs on Xmas day but backed out at the last minute (typical of her).

I'm not in a position to take the dog off her hands and if she is not abusing it under the terms of the law and wont see sense then there is very little I can do. I simply dont have the time to walk the boxer myself, my own dogs take priority (I couldnt cope with an extra dog that has so many behavioural issues in addition to my own 3 plus Flynn wouldnt tolerate the her).

It's a frustrating situation.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-01-2011, 07:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tinglesnark View Post
btw, sadly my email was ignored
Not even showing the pics to the girlfriend?? its her house and furniture too?
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Try this link then..

http://acidcow.com/pics/16103-troubl...-140-pics.html
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 06:40 PM
Poor dog, looking into the future......
Page 6 of 6 « First < 3 4 5 6