Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 12:24 PM

Doggy Theives

Louie has always had something to chew whenever we leave him, often a chew he can't easily swallow or totally by accident (People missing the bin) a toilet roll tube.

Since he was about 16 weeks old he has learnt to sneak into my parent's downstairs toilet - shove his nose into the swing bin (it's a really little one) and pull out a tube. Now whats funnier is that he does this whilst your on the toilet (The lock gets stuck and my Dad is one of those summer DIY-ers) And he'll sneak in look at you, give you the cutest face and tail wag - stretch out his head and lightly grab the end of a tube then turn tail and run like hell!

I find it adorable and as it is only cardboard - soft cardboard at that, I don't particularly mind him chewing them up, like I said to my mum - better a toilet roll tube than the furniture!

So what does your dog thieve?
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 01:00 PM
Dog treats!

For a while last summer I was using a bum bag when I took the dogs out (so even if it didn't actually have treats in it it still smelt good). And I used to leave it on a hook by the door.

Until I solved the mystery of the missing treats...Pepper had managed to get it off the hook and undo the zip and eat all the yummy treats! No tearing or ripping. She's such a clever girl...when she wants to be! More clever than her Mum She did it a few times before I twigged, d'oh!

Needles to say I'm more careful where I leave things now, even if they're in a zipped bag.

J.
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 01:22 PM
I'm in the middle of teaching Louie to get his toys out the toy box - well to open it atm, it's a pedal bin - he's just took to digging at it til it falls over not a tidier way to get his toys out but he's learnt - even the big oxford dictionary at the bottom doesn't weigh it down enough
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Mine pinch anything they can the worst is wooden spoons out of the sink,(Ive got one of those low old butlers sinks) I have lost count of how many they have chewed up so last time I bought plastic ones they didnt last any longer
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 03:32 PM
Brilliant idea for a thread

Greyhounds are infamous thieves and our 2 are no exception. They dont really beg or hassle us for food but if its unattended its in the belly is the general rule

The most memorable things were...

A whole box of licquorice allsorts! (lots of toilet breaks for philly )

2 packets of biscuits ( wrappers and crumbs all over the lounge)

Apples taken from my handbag

Paris grabbed a mince pie in the silver foil tray out of a hedge then let my dad who she'd only met a couple of times practically stick his hand down her throat to retrieve it the silver foil!
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Poppy.. it's socks, socks and more socks, poor Chris doesn't have a pair complete

Ben it's anything that is edible and loves it even better out of the bin...

xx
TomtheLurcher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 03:57 PM
My hounds are star thiefs too given the chance , I had got a plate of chicken ready for cooking , left it on the side in the kitchen and on typical lurcher style Tom didnt have all of it but there was a big space on the plate and sheepish looking dog, he also steals shoes , he doesnt chew them just collects them in his bed , and is partial to my daughters underwear ! He is often seen running off from her room with her La Senzas in his mouth !
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 08:08 PM
Oh yes I forgot sox
emma47
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 08:20 PM
Ted is generally very good but he has been known to take treats out of my coat pocket if i leave it on the back of the chair, but only if it something really tasty like chicken. He will also steal the door wedges but only when you are hoovering