Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2010, 05:24 PM
We are home.

He can just about walk and is able too support himself better if standing still, silly boy leapt out of the car so quick and hurt himself and gave a cry but managed to walk round the front of the house without too much trouble.

When he stands stationery he looks cow hocked which is what I said to Gorden the night we took him in he has never stood this way before.

I am happy too have him home but am also very worried and resigned that he will not improve and that Nadia has let us have him home as we will be able to manage him as he is now but that is going to get worse again or no better. It is quite heart breaking too see him the way he is but we must give it time but the thing is how long do we give it at the stage he is at now with no signs of improvement.

We have to ring Nadia Friday to give her a report on how he is doing.
SibeVibe
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 05:30 PM
Glad Ollie is home

Thoughts and prayers still with you all.

When you have finished hugging him, hug him again from me please. Brave boy.

Take good care and look after yourselves.

Seoniad.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 05:37 PM
Lynn - so glad that he is home.
We all know that that is the best place for him and that you will do all that you can to get him back on his feet.
Lots of love to you all.
xx
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 05:38 PM
So glad Ollie is home and can imagine how worrying it is for you not knowing which way things are going to go. You never really relax do you. Really pray that Ollie improves, even if slightly. Hugs to Ollie xxx
lotsforus
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-12-2010, 05:44 PM
So Glad he is home with you.
I hope you continue to get some improvement.

Kathryn
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm so glad to hear you are now home with him. Remember he will be quite weak in his back legs from the loss of muscle too after all that resttoo which won't help.
Do you have to keep him resting or try to have him walking about?
Take one day at a time and hopefully in a few weeks Ollie will be much stronger still and enjoying normal things. Look how he has suddenly improved from how he was a few days ago.
Give him a big hug from me, he must be so pleased to be home bless him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-12-2010, 06:07 PM
Thank you all.

I would honestly say he is the same as he was on the Thursday night we took him in so he has improved from the Saturday when he couldn't walk at all but is actually no better from the night he was admitted.

I know we have too give it time and I will he is very low in his back like when you see the Gsd's with DM. He did get up on the sofa to have a cuddle with me photos too follow later.
He got stuck and took a while with help too get down so we will be putting things on the sofas so he cannot get up on them in the night and when we are out.

I think Nadia has sent him home too see if being able too move about freely when he can and wants too is going to help the improvement in his legs, but my gut feeling and seeing him now thinks it won't.

He is only allowed to go into the garden Bev supervised to do his business then in too be honest at the moment it wears him out and is about all he can manage.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 06:15 PM
Big (((hugs))) to you lynn, you really have been through so much worry and it must be really hard to still see him like this, and not know what has caused it, even if it is good to have him home.
We can only all hope and pray that there can be a positive outcome.
Is there anymore test results to come back?
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 06:17 PM
So glad to hear Ollie is home! I'll bet he's getting even MORE cuddles than usual

I guess it's just a waiting game - he may surprise you yet - I hope so x

My last GSD used to lie on the sofa, and still wanted to after back surgery - I had to load all manner of stuff on them to keep him off! It was far too much of a struggle for him to get off.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Am sure you're having lots of cuddles and am so glad Ollie is home with you both. Sending positive/healing thoughts (x)
Page 56 of 123 « First < 6 46 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 66 106 > Last »